Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Brand New Power Shower spluttered and then stopped

Hi Looking for some pointers to an issue we have with a brand new power
shower that worked for a week, then started spluttering and has now stopped.

Background

Had loft converted last summer, thus and now have a slightly smaller cold
water tank inside a fitted wardrobe in the former loft.

All seemed fine but old power shower on the second shower (usually my shower,
after the Missus) would start to make funny sounds from the pump and then
go very hot, before recovering.

Thought nothing of it but it packed up completley just wurring and not water,
not good sign.

So bought new power shower, go that fitted, worked fine but now wurring back
and no water, dare not use now save burning out the pump.

In mean time used our second shower in second ensuite, and have same issue
there, first shower fine and the wurring noise.

Might be coincdence but never had issue until cold water tank moved.

Any ideas?

Is is a feed issue from cold water tank,

is it an airlock issue? if so what causes it?

Can this be fixed?

Help!

Russell Jones

url:http://myreader.co.uk/gp/1391-1.aspx
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/02/2010 18:43, Russell wrote:
[...]

If the first shower is OK and the second shower starts OK and then fails
it suggests lack of water.
Does the cold water tank empty? If so could need:
a faster fill. Better ball valve? 2 ball valves? straighten out too many
sharp bends?
a larger tank

If a very long shower does not cause the same problem or the problem
starts the moment the second shower starts it could be something
different. Does it fully recover and stay recovered? If so could be
something to do with trapped air.

Alternative would be to kick the Missus out of bed earlier so the tank
has longer to fill between showers ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Invisible Man
writes
Is is a feed issue from cold water tank,

is it an airlock issue? if so what causes it?

Can this be fixed?

Help!

Russell Jones

url:http://myreader.co.uk/gp/1391-1.aspx

If the first shower is OK and the second shower starts OK and then
fails it suggests lack of water.

Concur:-)

We have a huge header tank and have similar problems whenever a daughter
showers!

Much worse since the water meter was changed and I suspect a particle of
grit is partly blocking the ball valve. When sufficient tuits have been
collected I will fit a second ball valve and clear the first. Meanwhile,
I shower with a modest flow of water and don't shave my legs.

Does the cold water tank empty? If so could need:
a faster fill. Better ball valve? 2 ball valves? straighten out too
many sharp bends?
a larger tank

If a very long shower does not cause the same problem or the problem
starts the moment the second shower starts it could be something
different. Does it fully recover and stay recovered? If so could be
something to do with trapped air.

Alternative would be to kick the Missus out of bed earlier so the tank
has longer to fill between showers ;-)

Alternative alternative, get up first:-)

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/02/2010 10:10, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Invisible Man
writes
[...]

Just remembered at our previous house we had 2 power showers and similar
problems if they were both used them at the same time.