Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mark Webb

Default Choosing location for kitchen appliances

We're trying to lay out the appliances for a new kitchen, and would
appreciate some impartial advice on a couple of queries please.

1) Is there any issues with placing a free standing larder (tall) fridge
next to a tall built in over housing?

2) Given the need to position an extractor hood over, is there any problem
with locating an electric hob right up to a window opening (i.e. along
side, not in front of)? No curtains but probably an inset blind in the
reveal.

3) To position a built in over near a corner, how much side clearance
should there be to stop the oven scorching the cabinets facing (around the
corner) when the door's open?

I guess I don't trust the designers not to tell me to do whatever results
in the most cabinets/expense.

Mark W.