Suz

Default Choosing location for kitchen appliances

"Mungo Henning" wrote in message
Also, with a hob above a floor-sitting oven, the one extractor hood
covers steam (or smoke) from both.
With separates, you may need a hood over the hob and some other
type of extractor when the inevitable burned food happens.

When I get home, if I don't smell burning I conclude that tea is a

salad...

My kids refer to the smoke alarm as "the tea alarm". As they are 3 and 5 it
isn't cheek unfortunately. Of course this is hubby's fault. If only he'd
fit a decent ventilation system!

Christian McArdle

My kids refer to the smoke alarm as "the tea alarm". As they are 3 and 5
it
isn't cheek unfortunately. Of course this is hubby's fault. If only he'd
fit a decent ventilation system!

According to building regulations, a smoke alarm should not be fitted in or
near a kitchen. You should use a heat sensing alarm there. You should then
have ionisation or optical alarms (at least one per floor and near every
bedroom) interlinked and mains powered.

Christian.

Suz

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
t...
My kids refer to the smoke alarm as "the tea alarm". As they are 3 and 5

it
isn't cheek unfortunately. Of course this is hubby's fault. If only

he'd
fit a decent ventilation system!

According to building regulations, a smoke alarm should not be fitted in

or
near a kitchen. You should use a heat sensing alarm there. You should then
have ionisation or optical alarms (at least one per floor and near every
bedroom) interlinked and mains powered.

Christian.

Christian this alarm is in the hall close to the living room door about 10
ft from the kitchen door. Must just have a smoky pan set or something.
Cough.