DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to get the key out of a Worcester Bosch Combi? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/295673-how-get-key-out-worcester-bosch-combi.html)

Paul[_28_] January 8th 10 12:39 PM

How to get the key out of a Worcester Bosch Combi?

I have a pretty new Worcester Bosch Combi 27Cdi, and the plastic key
used to lock and unlock the link cannot be removed from the unlock
position. As it is plastic, and the fitting is plastic, I am reluctant
to apply to much force!! At the moment it is left in, just turned to
the unlocked position, and I don't suppose it will do any harm that
way, but how can it be removed please?

Roger Mills January 8th 10 12:43 PM

Paul wrote:

I have a pretty new Worcester Bosch Combi 27Cdi, and the plastic key
used to lock and unlock the link cannot be removed from the unlock
position. As it is plastic, and the fitting is plastic, I am reluctant
to apply to much force!! At the moment it is left in, just turned to
the unlocked position, and I don't suppose it will do any harm that
way, but how can it be removed please?

Donno. Maybe it's designed that way? Will it come out in the lock position?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Stuart Noble January 8th 10 03:31 PM

Roger Mills wrote:
Paul wrote:

I have a pretty new Worcester Bosch Combi 27Cdi, and the plastic key
used to lock and unlock the link cannot be removed from the unlock
position. As it is plastic, and the fitting is plastic, I am reluctant
to apply to much force!! At the moment it is left in, just turned to
the unlocked position, and I don't suppose it will do any harm that
way, but how can it be removed please?

Donno. Maybe it's designed that way? Will it come out in the lock position?

If it's like my 24i junior, it need a good shove to get it in, and a
good tug to get it out. IIRC there's a black seal about halfway that's a
very tight fit

cynic January 8th 10 04:25 PM

On 8 Jan, 11:39, Paul wrote:
I have a pretty new Worcester Bosch Combi 27Cdi, and the plastic key
used to lock and unlock the link cannot be removed from the unlock
position. As it is plastic, and the fitting is plastic, I am reluctant
to apply to much force!! At the moment it is left in, just turned to
the unlocked position, and I don't suppose it will do any harm that
way, but how can it be removed please?

look on the bright side - at least you won't lose it before you need
it next time

Paul[_28_] January 8th 10 04:48 PM

On Jan 8, 2:31*pm, Stuart Noble wrote:

If it's like my 24i junior, it need a good shove to get it in, and a
good tug to get it out. IIRC there's a black seal about halfway that's a
very tight fit

Yes, it did need a good shove to get in, and i did note the two 'O'
rings - maybe I just need to work at it....

Paul[_28_] January 8th 10 04:49 PM

On Jan 8, 3:25*pm, cynic wrote:

look on the bright side - at least you won't lose it before you need
it next time

LOL, true

Stuart Noble January 8th 10 05:03 PM

Paul wrote:
On Jan 8, 2:31 pm, Stuart Noble wrote:

If it's like my 24i junior, it need a good shove to get it in, and a
good tug to get it out. IIRC there's a black seal about halfway that's a
very tight fit

Yes, it did need a good shove to get in, and i did note the two 'O'
rings - maybe I just need to work at it....

When the weather gets warmer maybe....

Harry Bloomfield[_3_] January 8th 10 05:36 PM

How to get the key out of a Worcester Bosch Combi?

on 08/01/2010, Paul supposed :
I have a pretty new Worcester Bosch Combi 27Cdi, and the plastic key
used to lock and unlock the link cannot be removed from the unlock
position. As it is plastic, and the fitting is plastic, I am reluctant
to apply to much force!! At the moment it is left in, just turned to
the unlocked position, and I don't suppose it will do any harm that
way, but how can it be removed please?

They need quite good pull, to get them out. Pull down hard, whilst
turning it and you should feel it drop into the exit slot. Then it just
needs a good pull.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

YAPH January 8th 10 11:35 PM

On Fri, 08 Jan 2010 03:39:33 -0800, Paul wrote:

I have a pretty new Worcester Bosch Combi 27Cdi, and the plastic key
used to lock and unlock the link cannot be removed from the unlock
position. As it is plastic, and the fitting is plastic, I am reluctant
to apply to much force!! At the moment it is left in, just turned to
the unlocked position, and I don't suppose it will do any harm that
way, but how can it be removed please?

Pull hard

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

I used to think the brain was the most interesting part of the body
- until I realised what was telling me that

djc January 9th 10 12:40 AM

Paul wrote:
I have a pretty new Worcester Bosch Combi 27Cdi, and the plastic key
used to lock and unlock the link cannot be removed from the unlock
position. As it is plastic, and the fitting is plastic, I am reluctant
to apply to much force!! At the moment it is left in, just turned to
the unlocked position, and I don't suppose it will do any harm that
way, but how can it be removed please?

If it is in the unlocked position just pull it out. There is an O ring
seal that will resist but then it should pop out.

Mike Tomlinson January 9th 10 09:51 AM

How to get the key out of a Worcester Bosch Combi?

In article
..com, Paul writes

I have a pretty new Worcester Bosch Combi 27Cdi, and the plastic key
used to lock and unlock the link cannot be removed from the unlock
position.

Mine (a WB Greenstar Junior 28) does allow the plastic key to be pulled
out. It has two O-rings on the shaft which make it difficult to pull
out. (does yours go in the bottom of the boiler, pointing down?)

You could do worse than check with WB technical. They have been
friendly and helpful on the two occasions that I've called with a query.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny says Windows 7 is Vi$ta reloaded.

Paul[_28_] January 11th 10 12:04 PM

On 9 Jan, 08:51, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Mine (a WB Greenstar Junior 28) does allow the plastic key to be pulled
out. *It has two O-rings on the shaft which make it difficult to pull
out. (does yours go in the bottom of the boiler, pointing down?)

You could do worse than check with WB technical. *They have been
friendly and helpful on the two occasions that I've called with a query.

Thanks, mine is the same - I managed to remove it now with tenacity,
determination and patience.

[email protected] February 15th 15 02:45 PM

How to get the key out of a Worcester Bosch Combi?

How go get key out of woschester boiler

Tim Watts[_3_] February 15th 15 02:54 PM

On 15/02/15 13:45, wrote:
How go get key out of woschester boiler

Why are so many people unable to properly phrase a question in clear and
polite English?

No "please" or "hi folks". No mention of what this key actually looks
like or roughly which Worcester Bosch boiler this is...

Tim+[_2_] February 15th 15 03:04 PM

wrote:
How go get key out of woschester boiler

Easy. Check boiler model number. Download instructions from net. Read
instructions. Remove key.

Tim

Chris French February 15th 15 03:13 PM

How to get the key out of a Worcester Bosch Combi?

In message
-septembe
r.org, Tim+ writes
wrote:
How go get key out of woschester boiler

Easy. Check boiler model number. Download instructions from net. Read
instructions. Remove key.

Tim

Tch, angle grinder of course.
--
Chris French

Lobster February 15th 15 04:00 PM

How to get the key out of a Worcester Bosch Combi?

On 15 Feb 2015, Tim+ grunted:

wrote:
How go get key out of woschester boiler

Easy. Check boiler model number. Download instructions from net. Read
instructions. Remove key.

ITYM:

Esy. Chek boiler number model. Downlode instrcshunst frm net. Red
inchtrucktions. Remo key

--
David

Broadback[_3_] February 15th 15 04:37 PM

How to get the key out of a Worcester Bosch Combi?

On 15/02/2015 14:13, Chris French wrote:
In message
-septembe
r.org, Tim+ writes
wrote:
How go get key out of woschester boiler

Easy. Check boiler model number. Download instructions from net. Read
instructions. Remove key.

Tim

Tch, angle grinder of course.

As we are onto angle grinder I expect others saw and and lots know but
there was a program on TV where they used angle grinders to cut the toe
nails of llamas. How versatile the angle grinder is!

Phil L February 15th 15 05:06 PM

wrote in message
How go get key out of woschester boiler

this isn't text, you are allowed more than 70 characters, try being a bit
more civil and you may get more help

Peter Parry February 15th 15 05:09 PM

How to get the key out of a Worcester Bosch Combi?

On Sun, 15 Feb 2015 05:45:35 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

How go get key out of woschester boiler

The Waschester is an interesting device. Made in 1970 it was ahead of
its time and incorporated features taken from the Hoover Keymatic.
Inserting the correct key set it to wash socks, underwear or small
dogs as well as providing luke warm water to the radiators. The key
used for programming was prone to insertion errors and to remove it
when stuck you opened the frogseiner, inserted a wollycobler and
twisted the grubteir until it clicked. If that failed you wellied it
with a Birmingham Screwdriver.

Tim Watts[_3_] February 15th 15 05:17 PM

On 15/02/15 16:06, Phil L wrote:
wrote in message
How go get key out of woschester boiler

this isn't text, you are allowed more than 70 characters, try being a bit
more civil and you may get more help

Seems to bit a sharp rise in people who speak "grunt".

Wonder if there's a(nother) new web gateway to uk.d-i-y?

Stuart Noble February 16th 15 08:32 AM

wrote:

How go get key out of woschester boiler

The Waschester is an interesting device. Made in 1970 it was ahead of
its time and incorporated features taken from the Hoover Keymatic.
Inserting the correct key set it to wash socks, underwear or small
dogs as well as providing luke warm water to the radiators. The key
used for programming was prone to insertion errors and to remove it
when stuck you opened the frogseiner, inserted a wollycobler and
twisted the grubteir until it clicked. If that failed you wellied it
with a Birmingham Screwdriver.

On mine you push the key upwards, then half a turn anti clockwise and
pull it out. A bit stiff as I recall.

F[_2_] February 16th 15 11:52 AM

wrote:

How go get key out of woschester boiler

The Waschester is an interesting device. Made in 1970 it was ahead of
its time and incorporated features taken from the Hoover Keymatic.
Inserting the correct key set it to wash socks, underwear or small
dogs as well as providing luke warm water to the radiators. The key
used for programming was prone to insertion errors and to remove it
when stuck you opened the frogseiner, inserted a wollycobler and
twisted the grubteir until it clicked. If that failed you wellied it
with a Birmingham Screwdriver.

On mine you push the key upwards, then half a turn anti clockwise and
pull it out. A bit stiff as I recall.

And why did doing that make you 'a bit stiff'?

Perhaps
is interested in the effect and
looking for an offer of help from someone?

www.vulcantothesky.org - keep the last remaining Vulcan flying

Osmotic June 25th 17 11:44 PM

How to get the key out of a Worcester Bosch Combi?

replying to Peter Parry, Osmotic wrote:
Titter

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...bi-607159-.htm

Suku June 29th 17 07:44 PM

How to get the key out of a Worcester Bosch Combi?

replying to stuart noble, Suku wrote:
Stuart Noble, thank you so much!! That worked. I was about to cry honestly or
leave it in.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...bi-607159-.htm

Billy cormack July 18th 17 09:14 PM

How to get the key out of a Worcester Bosch Combi?

replying to lyndahargreaves1508, Billy cormack wrote:
Need new washers for the key

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...bi-607159-.htm

Roger Hayter[_2_] July 18th 17 10:09 PM

How to get the key out of a Worcester Bosch Combi?

Billy cormack m
wrote:

replying to lyndahargreaves1508, Billy cormack wrote:
Need new washers for the key

I've got a new WB combi and it has no keys, plastic or otherwise,
AFAICS. Wot's the key for?

--

Roger Hayter

David July 20th 17 03:21 PM

How to get the key out of a Worcester Bosch Combi?

On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 21:09:43 +0100, Roger Hayter wrote:

Billy cormack m
wrote:

replying to lyndahargreaves1508, Billy cormack wrote:
Need new washers for the key

I've got a new WB combi and it has no keys, plastic or otherwise,
AFAICS. Wot's the key for?

On mine it enables the filling loop to top up the sealed bit from the cold
mains.

Cheers

Dave R

---

mechanic July 20th 17 04:18 PM

wrote:

replying to lyndahargreaves1508, Billy cormack wrote:
Need new washers for the key

I've got a new WB combi and it has no keys, plastic or otherwise,
AFAICS. Wot's the key for?

They seem to have given up on keys in recent models, no doubt the
hassle annoyed customers. It was 'unlocking' the fill-up loop.

Roger Hayter[_2_] July 20th 17 09:18 PM

wrote:

replying to lyndahargreaves1508, Billy cormack wrote:
Need new washers for the key

I've got a new WB combi and it has no keys, plastic or otherwise,
AFAICS. Wot's the key for?

They seem to have given up on keys in recent models, no doubt the
hassle annoyed customers. It was 'unlocking' the fill-up loop.

I see. Mine doesn't have a filling loop internally at all, according to
the plumber who put it in. And arranged an external filling loop beside
it. With the keyed ones, were you supposed to detach the actual loop
(as in the old rules) or did the key obviate this step?

--

Roger Hayter

Will[_15_] September 15th 18 06:44 PM

How to get the key out of a Worcester Bosch Combi?

replying to Paul, Will wrote:
I had same issue but it did just take persistence, I pulled hard and wobbled
continuously and it slowly came out. I do think it doesnt feel right to be
pulling so hard on plastic but it came out in the end.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...bi-607159-.htm

Fredxx[_3_] September 15th 18 07:10 PM

On 15/09/2018 17:44, Will wrote:
replying to Paul, Will wrote: I had same issue but it did just take
persistence, I pulled hard and wobbled continuously and it slowly
came out. I do think it doesnt feel right to be pulling so hard on
plastic but it came out in the end.

Are you talking about your dildo?

This might assist you with posting to a newsgroup, albeit through a website:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855

- If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you
summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just
enough text of the original to give a context.

Brian Gaff September 16th 18 10:35 AM

How to get the key out of a Worcester Bosch Combi?

In whos end. Why cannot you folks quote?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

toonmag50 January 10th 19 06:14 PM

How to get the key out of a Worcester Bosch Combi?

replying to Brian Gaff, toonmag50 wrote:
My Worcester green Star 37 CDI has just done the same grab with its key.
It happened 4 years ago when the boiler needed to be topped up, but it
eventually came out.
This time ,the boiler is very greedy and won't release the key.
I phoned Worcester Bosch technical support and they suggested that I pay
£310.00 for an engineer to "look at it"
I suggested that the key has a design fault and should not behave like this.
I have turned the key to the closed position and it will stay like this .
The wife was getting worried about the system overpressurising as she read the
instructions. I can't see this happening if the stop valve is closed and the
key closed. No weeping from the mains should occur.
It looks like a nice way Bosch have invented to get a nice overpriced annual
service from panicking Joe bloggs.
Leave the key in and forgot about the stress .

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...bi-607159-.htm

Mark Price April 20th 19 06:14 PM

How to get the key out of a Worcester Bosch Combi?

replying to Tim Watts, Mark Price wrote:
Hi there Tim Watts.
I hope you are well.
I don't think that formal introductions are needed on this forum. I think
you'll find that the key is a generic key so no need for anyone to announce
the boiler model.
I do hope that this clears up your problem and that you have a pleasant
evening.
Kind regards.
Mark.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...bi-607159-.htm

Brian Gaff April 20th 19 07:44 PM

How to get the key out of a Worcester Bosch Combi?

How old is this one can we play Home owners club year bingo?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Mark Price" m wrote in
message ...

The Natural Philosopher[_2_] April 20th 19 09:32 PM

On 20/04/2019 17:14, Mark Price wrote:
replying to Tim Watts, Mark Price wrote:
Hi there Tim Watts.
I hope you are well.
I don't think that formal introductions are needed on this forum. I think
you'll find that the key is a generic key so no need for anyone to announce
the boiler model.
I do hope that this clears up your problem and that you have a pleasant
evening.
Kind regards.
Mark.

Jersus H. Thast is a 4 year old message you are replying to.

Even Tim Watts pronbaly sussed it out ny now

--
People believe certain stories because everyone important tells them,
and people tell those stories because everyone important believes them.

Paul Krugman

Scott[_17_] April 21st 19 11:29 AM

How to get the key out of a Worcester Bosch Combi?

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 17:14:01 GMT, toonmag50
m wrote:

[...]

I was told by the installers to leave it in, as it is totally
unnecessary and only there for regulatory reasons

Amatuer DIY er September 12th 19 11:44 PM

How to get the key out of a Worcester Bosch Combi?

replying to Paul, Amatuer DIY er wrote:
I also broke the key but it was in the locked position. I didn't try to get it
out I heated up the blade of a flat bladed screwdriver and pushed it into the
centre of the piece that was left in. I then cooled the screwdriver and now it
fits in the slot to turn the piece to the unlock position.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...bi-607159-.htm