Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Making bath non-slip

Using a bath mat at present, but would like to try something else so that
the bath isn't slippery.

The bath is enamelled (cast iron) and about 55 yeras ol, so I'm not worried
too much about appearance.

Something to paint on, parhaps, that will withstand the water and soap etc.
and doesn't trap water.

Tried searching but not getting anything useful - probably using the wrong
term.
--
Peter.
2x4 - thick plank; 4x4 - two of 'em.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/12/09 14:29, PeterC wrote:

The bath is enamelled (cast iron) and about 55 yeras ol, so I'm not worried
too much about appearance.

Something to paint on, perhaps, that will withstand the water and soap etc.
and doesn't trap water.

Use a bath cleaner that says it is *not* suitable for enamelled surfaces
(DAMHIKIJDOK) this will make the enamel non-slip, which is good if you
use a shower over the bath, not so good if you want to sit in the bath
as it tends to sandpaper your arse!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 23/12/09 14:29, PeterC wrote:

The bath is enamelled (cast iron) and about 55 yeras ol, so I'm not
worried
too much about appearance.

before someone else replies

angle grinder

pretty pattern of grooves

Tony

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TMC" wrote in message

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 23/12/09 14:29, PeterC wrote:

The bath is enamelled (cast iron) and about 55 yeras ol, so I'm not
worried
too much about appearance.

before someone else replies

angle grinder

pretty pattern of grooves

Tony

Seriously though a bath mat is the best option in my opinion

Tony

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 14:40:45 -0000, "TMC" wrote:

"TMC" wrote in message

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 23/12/09 14:29, PeterC wrote:

The bath is enamelled (cast iron) and about 55 yeras ol, so I'm not
worried
too much about appearance.

before someone else replies

angle grinder

pretty pattern of grooves

Tony

Seriously though a bath mat is the best option in my opinion

Tony

Show me one that doesn't succumb to the dreaded mildew and I'll use it
..
I was going to suggest the stick-on feet but someone beat me to it .

What you want is a harness bolted to the ceiling ...lol

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tony

Seriously though a bath mat is the best option in my opinion

Tony

Show me one that doesn't succumb to the dreaded mildew and I'll use it

Turn it over and place it over the edge of the bath after use so that it
dries - no mould! Mould / mildew needs damp
Also - rinse it with Domestos from time to time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 14:35:26 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:
Use a bath cleaner that says it is *not* suitable for enamelled surfaces
(DAMHIKIJDOK) this will make the enamel non-slip, which is good if you
use a shower over the bath, not so good if you want to sit in the bath
as it tends to sandpaper your arse!

Andy Burns, inventor of the BDSM bath...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

PeterC
wibbled on Wednesday 23 December 2009 14:29

Using a bath mat at present, but would like to try something else so that
the bath isn't slippery.

The bath is enamelled (cast iron) and about 55 yeras ol, so I'm not
worried too much about appearance.

Something to paint on, parhaps, that will withstand the water and soap
etc. and doesn't trap water.

Tried searching but not getting anything useful - probably using the wrong
term.

Stick on non slip thingies, often in the shape of flowers or feet (how
twee), eg

try google for:

bath non slip stick on

That returns loads, including ones with temperature indicators (cute)

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 14:47:03 +0000, Tim W wrote:

PeterC
wibbled on Wednesday 23 December 2009 14:29

Using a bath mat at present, but would like to try something else so that
the bath isn't slippery.

The bath is enamelled (cast iron) and about 55 yeras ol, so I'm not
worried too much about appearance.

Something to paint on, parhaps, that will withstand the water and soap
etc. and doesn't trap water.

Tried searching but not getting anything useful - probably using the wrong
term.

Stick on non slip thingies, often in the shape of flowers or feet (how
twee), eg

try google for:

bath non slip stick on

That returns loads, including ones with temperature indicators (cute)

Now that's an idea - politicians' faces would be good for standing or
sitting on (and farting).
I don't use it as a bath; shower only.
--
Peter.
2x4 - thick plank; 4x4 - two of 'em.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

PeterC wrote:
Using a bath mat at present, but would like to try something else so that
the bath isn't slippery.

http://www.refinishingonline.com/non_slip_treatment.htm

Try googling "anti-slip paint bathtub"

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 19:12:17 +0000, Adrian C wrote:

PeterC wrote:
Using a bath mat at present, but would like to try something else so that
the bath isn't slippery.

http://www.refinishingonline.com/non_slip_treatment.htm

Try googling "anti-slip paint bathtub"

Cheers, off to have a look. Would never have thought of 'bathtub'.
--
Peter.
2x4 - thick plank; 4x4 - two of 'em.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

After serious thinking PeterC wrote :
Using a bath mat at present, but would like to try something else so that
the bath isn't slippery.

The bath is enamelled (cast iron) and about 55 yeras ol, so I'm not worried
too much about appearance.

Something to paint on, parhaps, that will withstand the water and soap etc.
and doesn't trap water.

Tried searching but not getting anything useful - probably using the wrong
term.

Just a thought to throw into the pot...

A boat chandler's will sell a paint intended for boat decks. It will be
far too rough, so will need some flattening after it is dry, but it
will be absolutely water proof.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 20:12:47 GMT, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

After serious thinking PeterC wrote :
Using a bath mat at present, but would like to try something else so that
the bath isn't slippery.

The bath is enamelled (cast iron) and about 55 yeras ol, so I'm not worried
too much about appearance.

Something to paint on, parhaps, that will withstand the water and soap etc.
and doesn't trap water.

Tried searching but not getting anything useful - probably using the wrong
term.

Just a thought to throw into the pot...

A boat chandler's will sell a paint intended for boat decks. It will be
far too rough, so will need some flattening after it is dry, but it
will be absolutely water proof.

Now that's an idea. There are 2 boatyards near here (canal - 'tis a long
way to the sea from sunny Northampton!) so I might have a look there.

Don't mind a bit of rough in the shaower :-
--
Peter.
2x4 - thick plank; 4x4 - two of 'em.

Slip Rings steamer Metalworking 5 February 11th 09 05:32 PM
slip roll? Grant Erwin Metalworking 10 September 11th 07 10:47 AM
Looking for a bath overflow that is flush with the bath surface? Peter UK diy 0 October 18th 05 02:07 PM
Non Slip Stickers John UK diy 1 January 8th 04 03:24 AM
Bath tap seemingly welded to iron bath mfcexpert UK diy 10 December 12th 03 10:26 PM