Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Homebase All Purpose Silicone

Bought some silicone yesterday from Homebase ...simply because I
needed it and happened to be there to buy a piece of acrylic
sheet...all the silicone I had at home was white and I wanted clear.
Tried it later on when I got home and it is 'orrible stuff to work
with .has an unpleasant texture when coming out the nozzle unlike any
other stuff I have used .. perhaps the instructions hould have warned
me ..It says it skins over in 5 minutes but takes 48 Hrs to be fully
dry .It is described as "a neutral silicone sealant" which apparently
means it does take forever to set completely . Even now some 12-14 hrs
later some of the silicone that I scraped off is still very sticky .
Anyone used it before? The only good thing about it was the screw -on
cap on the nozzle.

Silicone sealant vs silicone adhesive? Walter Cohen Home Repair 8 October 31st 07 11:32 AM
Silicone sealant vs silicone adhesive? Walter Cohen Home Ownership 8 October 31st 07 11:32 AM
Sanitary silicone sealant versus General purpose ironer UK diy 1 November 29th 06 03:56 PM
Homebase Scabbydug UK diy 32 October 30th 06 09:29 AM
Homebase ? Colin Wilson UK diy 13 January 8th 06 11:42 PM