Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - since when was "insulting" a crime ?

Sometimes what you hear on the news is just baffling.
A couple have been cleared of "insulting" a lady. It matters not
whether the lady is member of a religion or not.
Since when was "insulting" a crime ?
Thought crimes are getting nearer folks.
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
Sometimes what you hear on the news is just baffling.
A couple have been cleared of "insulting" a lady. It matters not
whether the lady is member of a religion or not.
Since when was "insulting" a crime ?
Thought crimes are getting nearer folks.
Simon.

Oddly enough swearing at a police officer is a crime. Section 5 Public Order
Act.

Now is "vagina" a swear word?

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , ARWadsworth
writes

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
Sometimes what you hear on the news is just baffling.
A couple have been cleared of "insulting" a lady. It matters not
whether the lady is member of a religion or not.
Since when was "insulting" a crime ?
Thought crimes are getting nearer folks.
Simon.

Oddly enough swearing at a police officer is a crime. Section 5 Public Order
Act.

Now is "vagina" a swear word?

Only a public order offence if the Public can hear you. There is
precedent that suggests police officers should be used to being sworn at
by the public and should not be offended or feel harassed as a result.

So if you want to call a policeman a ****, you need to be sure that only
they can hear you and that the words are presented in a non-threatening
manner.
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:
In article , ARWadsworth
writes

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
Sometimes what you hear on the news is just baffling.
A couple have been cleared of "insulting" a lady. It matters not
whether the lady is member of a religion or not.
Since when was "insulting" a crime ?
Thought crimes are getting nearer folks.
Simon.

Oddly enough swearing at a police officer is a crime. Section 5 Public
Order
Act.

Now is "vagina" a swear word?

Only a public order offence if the Public can hear you. There is
precedent that suggests police officers should be used to being sworn at
by the public and should not be offended or feel harassed as a result.

So if you want to call a policeman a c***, you need to be sure that only
they can hear you and that the words are presented in a non-threatening
manner.

can a c*** sue you for inculting it by comparing it with a copper?

[g]
Posted to uk.d-i-y

george [dicegeorge] wrote:
fred wrote:
In article ,
ARWadsworth writes

[...]

Well, it does have much more sense and sensitivity :-)

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave" wrote in message
george [dicegeorge] wrote:
fred wrote:
In article , ARWadsworth
writes

[...]

****s are useful...........................Mostly

Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:
In article , ARWadsworth
writes

[...]

That's what I always believed.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
fred wrote:
So if you want to call a policeman a ****, you need to be sure that only
they can hear you and that the words are presented in a non-threatening
manner.

'What would you do if I called you a c**t?'

*I'd arrest you*

What would you do if I thought you a c**t?'

*Can't arrest you for thinking*

'I think you're a c**t'

--
*Why do overlook and oversee mean opposite things? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
writes
In article ,
fred wrote:
So if you want to call a policeman a ****, you need to be sure that only
they can hear you and that the words are presented in a non-threatening
manner.

'What would you do if I called you a c**t?'

*I'd arrest you*

What would you do if I thought you a c**t?'

*Can't arrest you for thinking*

'I think you're a c**t'

You're on form tonight :-D
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
fred wrote:
So if you want to call a policeman a ****, you need to be sure that only
they can hear you and that the words are presented in a non-threatening
manner.

'What would you do if I called you a c**t?'

*I'd arrest you*

What would you do if I thought you a c**t?'

*Can't arrest you for thinking*

'I think you're a c**t'

That's the one ...

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

*Can't arrest you for thinking*

I think you'll find they're working on it...

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth
wibbled on Wednesday 09 December 2009 18:37

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
Sometimes what you hear on the news is just baffling.
A couple have been cleared of "insulting" a lady. It matters not
whether the lady is member of a religion or not.
Since when was "insulting" a crime ?
Thought crimes are getting nearer folks.
Simon.

Oddly enough swearing at a police officer is a crime. Section 5 Public
Order Act.

Now is "vagina" a swear word?

Adam

You could say you were discussing sword scabbards in latin.

Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 9 Dec, 20:00, Tim W wrote:
ARWadsworth
* wibbled on Wednesday 09 December 2009 18:37

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
Sometimes what you hear on the news is just baffling.
A couple have been cleared of "insulting" a lady. It matters not
whether the lady is member of a religion or not.
Since when was "insulting" a crime ?
Thought crimes are getting nearer folks.
Simon.

Oddly enough swearing at a police officer is a crime. Section 5 Public
Order Act.

Now is "vagina" a swear word?

Adam

You could say you were discussing sword scabbards in latin.

Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

Sorry Tim - that one has gone over the top - I did wonder if the Latin
for 'sword scabbards' was like something dubious in English but no
such luck.

Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"robgraham" wrote in message
On 9 Dec, 20:00, Tim W wrote:
[...]

Obscenis, peream, Priape, si non
uti me pudet improbisque verbis
sed cum tu posito deus pudore
ostendas mihi coleos patentes
cum cunno mihi mentula est vocanda

I'd rather die than use obscene and improper words; but when you, as a god,
appear with your balls hanging out, it is appropriate for me to speak of
****s and cocks.

A pork sword scabbard is a vagina.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

robgraham
wibbled on Wednesday 09 December 2009 21:55

You could say you were discussing sword scabbards in latin.

Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

Sorry Tim - that one has gone over the top - I did wonder if the Latin
for 'sword scabbards' was like something dubious in English but no
such luck.

Yes - scabbard in latin is "vagina" (though I suspect the "g" is hard, but I
only did latin for 1 year, and who can be sure anyway...). Somewhere to
plant your [pork] sword.

Funny how one roman's dodgy joke is another educated man's posh word...

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim W wrote:
robgraham
wibbled on Wednesday 09 December 2009 21:55

You could say you were discussing sword scabbards in latin.

Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

Sorry Tim - that one has gone over the top - I did wonder if the Latin
for 'sword scabbards' was like something dubious in English but no
such luck.

Yes - scabbard in latin is "vagina" (though I suspect the "g" is hard, but I
only did latin for 1 year, and who can be sure anyway...). Somewhere to
plant your [pork] sword.

Funny how one roman's dodgy joke is another educated man's posh word...

Latin was long used by men of letters to appear to be conversing in
utter seriousness whilst being totally vulgar.

Pas devant les domestiques et toute cette crappe.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
writes

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
Sometimes what you hear on the news is just baffling.
A couple have been cleared of "insulting" a lady. It matters not
whether the lady is member of a religion or not.
Since when was "insulting" a crime ?
Thought crimes are getting nearer folks.
Simon.

Oddly enough swearing at a police officer is a crime. Section 5 Public
Order Act.

Now is "vagina" a swear word?

Or the old Billy Bremner line

"What would happen if I called you a **** ?

So what would happen if I just think you are a ****"

....Or something like that

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson wrote:
Sometimes what you hear on the news is just baffling.
A couple have been cleared of "insulting" a lady. It matters not
whether the lady is member of a religion or not.
Since when was "insulting" a crime ?
Thought crimes are getting nearer folks.
Simon.

When 'idiots' supposedly link it with some form of religious belief!

Mind you, you have to be an idiot to believe in religion anyway - not out to
start a war, that's just my belief.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember sm_jamieson
saying something like:

Sometimes what you hear on the news is just baffling.
A couple have been cleared of "insulting" a lady. It matters not
whether the lady is member of a religion or not.
Since when was "insulting" a crime ?
Thought crimes are getting nearer folks.
Simon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...de/8404212.stm

**** them all for believing in fairies.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Grimly
Curmudgeon writes
drugs began to take hold. I remember sm_jamieson
saying something like:

Sometimes what you hear on the news is just baffling.
A couple have been cleared of "insulting" a lady. It matters not
whether the lady is member of a religion or not.
Since when was "insulting" a crime ?
Thought crimes are getting nearer folks.
Simon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...de/8404212.stm

**** them all for believing in fairies.

Bigots the lot of 'em

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 9 Dec, 18:21, sm_jamieson wrote:
Sometimes what you hear on the news is just baffling.
A couple have been cleared of "insulting" a lady. It matters not
whether the lady is member of a religion or not.
Since when was "insulting" a crime ?
Thought crimes are getting nearer folks.
Simon.

I'd fine both parties heavily for wasting public time and money. Then
rattle their skulls together until some sense is knocked into them.
Although I suspect a prolonged period of rattling would be required.

--
Halmyre
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
Halmyre wrote:
On 9 Dec, 18:21, sm_jamieson wrote:
Sometimes what you hear on the news is just baffling.
A couple have been cleared of "insulting" a lady. It matters not
whether the lady is member of a religion or not.
Since when was "insulting" a crime ?
Thought crimes are getting nearer folks.
Simon.

I'd fine both parties heavily for wasting public time and money. Then
rattle their skulls together until some sense is knocked into them.
Although I suspect a prolonged period of rattling would be required.

Anyone who 'converts' to a religion needs certifying. Different when it's
hammered into them from birth.

--
*Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

Anyone who 'converts' to a religion needs certifying. Different when it's
hammered into them from birth.

There are good reasons to convert, including..
it gives them support in their belief that they are superior to all the
others not in their religion.
an excuse to look down upon the inferior people and to do nothing to help
them as they are obviously evil.
the ability to repent for the suffering they put on the inferior people
27 virgins for eternity (does that mean they can never have sex with them so
they are always virgins?)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home
wibbled on Thursday 10 December 2009 11:42

27 virgins for eternity (does that mean they can never have sex with them
so they are always virgins?)

Many mingers are virgins. And so are some blokes, who may also be mingers.

Did anyone promise these idiots "beautiful virgins"?

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 10, 11:52*am, Tim W wrote:
dennis@home
* wibbled on Thursday 10 December 2009 11:42

27 virgins for eternity (does that mean they can never have sex with them
so they are always virgins?)

Many mingers are virgins. And so are some blokes, who may also be mingers..

Did anyone promise these idiots "beautiful virgins"?

I like George Clooney's response: "who wants seventy virgins? I want
eight pros"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim W
writes
dennis@home
wibbled on Thursday 10 December 2009 11:42

27 virgins for eternity (does that mean they can never have sex with them
so they are always virgins?)

Many mingers are virgins.

And yet many mingers that aren't virgins can be quite game... ;-)
--
Kenny