Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] NIN

Is it just me or is news.individual.net being horribly slow today? My
leafnode server keeps emailing me:

warning: news.individual.net: connection to 32.248.62.0 timed out

Not every connection attempt but a good 75% of 'em.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 06 Dec 2009 16:19:43 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

Is it just me or is news.individual.net being horribly slow today? My
leafnode server keeps emailing me:

warning: news.individual.net: connection to 32.248.62.0 timed out

Not every connection attempt but a good 75% of 'em.

Not had any problems with NIN for ages
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
Is it just me or is news.individual.net being horribly slow today? My
leafnode server keeps emailing me:

warning: news.individual.net: connection to 32.248.62.0 timed out

Not every connection attempt but a good 75% of 'em.

Mmmm - I have a lot of missing posts too. Can see em on Google Groups but
they're not coming through NIN

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Dave Liquorice wrote:
Is it just me or is news.individual.net being horribly slow today? My
leafnode server keeps emailing me:

warning: news.individual.net: connection to 32.248.62.0 timed out

Not every connection attempt but a good 75% of 'em.

Not really sure - have certainly had some problems with Virgin cable
recently so it is difficult to know how many of the hiccups have been
due to NIN and how many "thank you VM". But certainly quite a number of
them recently.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:
Is it just me or is news.individual.net being horribly slow today? My
leafnode server keeps emailing me:

warning: news.individual.net: connection to 32.248.62.0 timed out

Not every connection attempt but a good 75% of 'em.

Not really sure - have certainly had some problems with Virgin cable
recently so it is difficult to know how many of the hiccups have been
due to NIN and how many "thank you VM". But certainly quite a number
of them recently.

If you're with VM, why are you using a third party news host? - VM has two.

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Phil L wrote:

If you're with VM, why are you using a third party news host? - VM has two.

Because I signed up with them years ago when they were free and NTL's
news was unusably awful. IIRC it was when NTL set up a text-only news
server that their service started to be just about usable but still far
slower, less retention and unreliable. Although NIN introduced a charge,
it's not that much. Also it appears that NIN block quite a lot of spam -
but I am never in a position to really compare NIN & VM properly.

--
Rod