Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Leak in Air Raid Shed Roof

We have an old Levensulme air raid shelter in our garden which is used as a
shed - brick built with a concrete roof. The roof has started to leak.
What would be the best way to fix and waterproof this?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jo pretended :
We have an old Levensulme air raid shelter in our garden which is used as a
shed - brick built with a concrete roof. The roof has started to leak. What
would be the best way to fix and waterproof this?

Get the concrete scrubbed clean, then cover with hot poured bitumen,
with a top covering of bitumen felt similar to what is used on wooden
sheds, but heavier grade.

A more expensive option would be to add a pitched roof over the top of
the concrete.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Wickes do a paint on flat roof sealer, about £35-40 a tin.
It has very good reports on flat roofs, quick n easy to do.

Just get the concrete clean first so it can key to it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Jo" saying
something like:

We have an old Levensulme air raid shelter in our garden which is used as a
shed - brick built with a concrete roof. The roof has started to leak.
What would be the best way to fix and waterproof this?

Drop a bomb on it.

re felting a shed roof Dave UK diy 29 November 25th 08 09:43 PM
Shed roof Dave UK diy 20 May 19th 08 12:39 AM
shed roof Moxie Home Repair 3 June 7th 07 07:17 PM
Shed roof felt blown off, timber roof wet, should I... Marshal Anderson UK diy 2 December 8th 06 10:09 AM
I beams for shed roof Grunff UK diy 3 July 31st 03 07:29 PM