Senior Member

Default Butane fire stains

I have a Smeg butane cooker at home that produces a flame that is a bit yellowish at the tip, not fully light blue as it was before. The bottom of the pots are stained with black marks.

How can I fix this? Thanks, Antonio
Posted to uk.d-i-y

asalcedo wrote:
I have a Smeg butane cooker at home that produces a flame that is a bit
yellowish at the tip, not fully light blue as it was before. The bottom
of the pots are stained with black marks.

How can I fix this? Thanks, Antonio

Sounds as though the flame is being starved of air. Check around the
jet to make sure that the air holes are clear. This could be a problem
as gas burning with insufficient air can produce carbon monoxide.. When
was the last time it was serviced?

Malcolm
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post
asalcedo wrote:
I have a Smeg butane cooker at home that produces a flame that is a bit
yellowish at the tip, not fully light blue as it was before. The bottom
of the pots are stained with black marks.

How can I fix this? Thanks, Antonio

Sounds as though the flame is being starved of air. Check around the
jet to make sure that the air holes are clear. This could be a problem
as gas burning with insufficient air can produce carbon monoxide.. When
was the last time it was serviced?

Malcolm
The house is five years old. I don't know if the cooker has ever been serviced. It has been used little though, it shows.

All the air holes are clear and there is little dirt throughout. What can a service do that I cannot do?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

asalcedo wrote:

-
Sounds as though the flame is being starved of air. Check around the
jet to make sure that the air holes are clear. This could be a problem

as gas burning with insufficient air can produce carbon monoxide..
When
was the last time it was serviced?

Malcolm

The house is five years old. I don't know if the cooker has ever been
serviced. It has been used little though, it shows.

All the air holes are clear and there is little dirt throughout. What
can a service do that I cannot do?

Dismantle and clean, take measurements. Perhaps the butane flow rate is
too high.

Malcolm

Calor gas: propane vs. butane Stephen[_6_] UK diy 34 November 2nd 09 09:28 PM
Butane Powered Soldering Irons hobbes Home Repair 2 October 31st 07 06:35 AM
Gas Fire - Fire basket and gas engine or just a simple Valor gas fire? Farouq UK diy 2 March 6th 06 11:04 PM
Maxigas butane rjs UK diy 3 March 4th 06 01:18 PM
Propane vs butane p4o2 Home Repair 1 October 24th 04 04:41 PM