DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Internal oak glazed doors (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/290682-internal-oak-glazed-doors.html)

srt October 31st 09 04:34 PM

Internal oak glazed doors

Hi,
I've been searching for the above all over and cannot seem to find anything
that is not engineered or veneered!
Anyone know of a good maker of solid doors which have tennon joints?
tia.
Stuart.

Peter Crosland October 31st 09 05:08 PM

Internal oak glazed doors

"srt" wrote in message
Hi,
I've been searching for the above all over and cannot seem to find
anything that is not engineered or veneered!
Anyone know of a good maker of solid doors which have tennon joints?

Have you tried these?

http://www.solidoakdoors.com/index.html

You need deep pockets.

Peter Crosland

The Natural Philosopher[_2_] October 31st 09 07:37 PM

Internal oak glazed doors

srt wrote:
Hi,
I've been searching for the above all over and cannot seem to find
anything that is not engineered or veneered!
Anyone know of a good maker of solid doors which have tennon joints?
tia.
Stuart.

Cotswold doors IIRC.

google em.

Jon Fairbairn November 1st 09 09:49 AM

Internal oak glazed doors

"srt" writes:

Hi,
I've been searching for the above all over and cannot seem
to find anything that is not engineered or veneered!
Anyone know of a good maker of solid doors which have tennon joints?

I had some made to measure by Parker's joinery in Cambridge.
They weren't cheap, but they were not horrifyingly expensive
either, and the doors are good enough that they frequently get
unsolicited approbation from visitors.

Not knowing where you are, I don't know whether Parker
(http://www.wparkerandson.co.uk/) is near enough to you, but
if it's not, you might find another joiner to make them for less
than you might expect.

--
Jón Fairbairn
http://www.chaos.org.uk/~jf/Stuff-I-dont-want.html (updated 2009-01-31)

srt November 1st 09 11:00 AM

Internal oak glazed doors

"Jon Fairbairn" wrote in message
"srt" writes:

Hi,
I've been searching for the above all over and cannot seem
to find anything that is not engineered or veneered!
Anyone know of a good maker of solid doors which have tennon joints?

I had some made to measure by Parker's joinery in Cambridge.
They weren't cheap, but they were not horrifyingly expensive
either, and the doors are good enough that they frequently get
unsolicited approbation from visitors.

Not knowing where you are, I don't know whether Parker
(http://www.wparkerandson.co.uk/) is near enough to you, but
if it's not, you might find another joiner to make them for less
than you might expect.

--
Jón Fairbairn
http://www.chaos.org.uk/~jf/Stuff-I-dont-want.html (updated 2009-01-31)

Thanks for the replies. I am following up on them.
regards.
Stuart.