Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CH programmers

amazingly my new heatbank has a programmer that doesn;t remember my
programming when there's a power cut/interruption/tripped mcb etc -
does that sound right or have i got a duffer?

Getting fecked off with the reprogramming/not knwoing if it's reset
itself unless checking - what are the reccommendations for a
replacement that remembers!? any to avoid?

Is this an opportunity to soup it up with weather compensation and
other clever stuff perchance?

Currently it's a "Danfoss FP715Si" - 2 channel, pretty flexible but
what's the point if it can't feckin remember it!!

TIA
JimK
Posted to uk.d-i-y

JimK wrote:
amazingly my new heatbank has a programmer that doesn;t remember my
programming when there's a power cut/interruption/tripped mcb etc -
does that sound right or have i got a duffer?

Getting fecked off with the reprogramming/not knwoing if it's reset
itself unless checking - what are the reccommendations for a
replacement that remembers!? any to avoid?

Is this an opportunity to soup it up with weather compensation and
other clever stuff perchance?

Currently it's a "Danfoss FP715Si" - 2 channel, pretty flexible but
what's the point if it can't feckin remember it!!

TIA
JimK

Well the Screwfix site says it has battery backup, so perhaps yours
hasn't been fitted ?

Andy C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Cap" wrote in message
o.uk...
JimK wrote:
amazingly my new heatbank has a programmer that doesn;t remember my
programming when there's a power cut/interruption/tripped mcb etc -
does that sound right or have i got a duffer?

Getting fecked off with the reprogramming/not knwoing if it's reset
itself unless checking - what are the reccommendations for a
replacement that remembers!? any to avoid?

Is this an opportunity to soup it up with weather compensation and
other clever stuff perchance?

Currently it's a "Danfoss FP715Si" - 2 channel, pretty flexible but
what's the point if it can't feckin remember it!!

TIA
JimK

Well the Screwfix site says it has battery backup, so perhaps yours hasn't
been fitted ?

Andy C

Perhaps a little bit of plastic tape hasn't been removed from the battery
compartment?

Peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Peter Andrews wrote:

Perhaps a little bit of plastic tape hasn't been removed from the battery
compartment?

Peter

He wont own up either way ! ;-)

Andy C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 28, 5:25 pm, Andy Cap wrote:
Peter Andrews wrote:

Perhaps a little bit of plastic tape hasn't been removed from the battery
compartment?

Peter

He wont own up either way ! ;-)

Andy C

arf etc

well it remembers the time and day whatever happens so *a* battery is
connected somehwere
- nought in it's instructions about remembering programming,
- nought in it's instructions about bits of paper

back to the experts please

Jim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Peter Andrews wrote:

Perhaps a little bit of plastic tape hasn't been removed from the battery
compartment?
Peter

He wont own up either way ! ;-)

Andy C

arf etc

well it remembers the time and day whatever happens so *a* battery is
connected somehwere
- nought in it's instructions about remembering programming,
- nought in it's instructions about bits of paper

back to the experts please

Mine does and doesn't.

Half the time when the power gioes, its because there is some kind of
line surge, and that has a 50-50 chance of seemingly wiping out whatever
flash RAM or battery backed Ram they use.

Jim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Peter Andrews wrote:

Perhaps a little bit of plastic tape hasn't been removed from the
battery
compartment?
Peter
He wont own up either way ! ;-)

Andy C

arf etc

well it remembers the time and day whatever happens so *a* battery is
connected somehwere
- nought in it's instructions about remembering programming,
- nought in it's instructions about bits of paper

back to the experts please

Mine does and doesn't.

Half the time when the power gioes, its because there is some kind of
line surge, and that has a 50-50 chance of seemingly wiping out whatever
flash RAM or battery backed Ram they use.

Jim

I've got an old Drayton and coincidentally we has a power outage for a
couple of hours at midday and as previously, all settings are retained.

There's no point having a battery if the thing loses it's settings. I'd
be having a word with Danfoss, looking for a solution.

Andy C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

JimK pretended :
well it remembers the time and day whatever happens so *a* battery is
connected somehwere
- nought in it's instructions about remembering programming,
- nought in it's instructions about bits of paper

As the clock part is likely a separate part to the memory which stores
the program and often clocks keep going while the memory is lost if the
battery is not quite up to spec.. I would suggest that the voltage of
the battery is checked, be it rechargeable or replaceable cell.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 18:13:42 GMT, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

As the clock part is likely a separate part to the memory which stores
the program and often clocks keep going while the memory is lost if the
battery is not quite up to spec.. I would suggest that the voltage of
the battery is checked, be it rechargeable or replaceable cell.

How long has the thing been connected to power? Some have
rechargeable batteries that take a while (day or two) to become fully
charged from initial power up.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 28, 11:54 pm, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 18:13:42 GMT, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
As the clock part is likely a separate part to the memory which stores
the program and often clocks keep going while the memory is lost if the
battery is not quite up to spec.. I would suggest that the voltage of
the battery is checked, be it rechargeable or replaceable cell.

How long has the thing been connected to power? Some have
rechargeable batteries that take a while (day or two) to become fully
charged from initial power up.

--
Cheers
Dave.

about 10 months :) (I still regard it as new...)
have emailed DPS and Danfoss and we'll see what occurs.

Cheers
JimK

Posted to uk.d-i-y

JimK wrote:
amazingly my new heatbank has a programmer that doesn;t remember my
programming when there's a power cut/interruption/tripped mcb etc -
does that sound right or have i got a duffer?

Getting fecked off with the reprogramming/not knwoing if it's reset
itself unless checking - what are the reccommendations for a
replacement that remembers!? any to avoid?

Is this an opportunity to soup it up with weather compensation and
other clever stuff perchance?

Currently it's a "Danfoss FP715Si" - 2 channel, pretty flexible but
what's the point if it can't feckin remember it!!

TIA
JimK

Looking at the datasheet

http://danfoss-randall.co.uk/PCMPDF/732v02.pdf

reveals the following information:

"Battery backup on power failure"
"Time and all other settings-indefinately"

Hmm, interesting use of the word indefinately. How long is that, 1 year,
10 years or 500,000,000 years?

Maybe the battery isn't fitted correctly or you have a faulty unit
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Rob Horton
writes

Looking at the datasheet

http://danfoss-randall.co.uk/PCMPDF/732v02.pdf

reveals the following information:

"Battery backup on power failure"
"Time and all other settings-indefinately"

Hmm, interesting use of the word indefinately. How long is that, 1 year,
10 years or 500,000,000 years?

In this instance I would say that indefinitely means just longer than it
takes for your rights to expire under SOGA.
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 29, 10:52 am, Rob Horton wrote:
JimK wrote:
[...]

thanks for the link to the pdf :)

cheers
JimK
Posted to uk.d-i-y

JimK wrote:
[...]

well so far Danfoss have confirmed that it should retain programming
(as we now know), DPS have yet to reply to my emails

JimK
Posted to uk.d-i-y

JimK wrote:
[...]

I am sure that the battery is an internal rechargable one on this model.

You have a faulty internal battery.

Pressure Danfoss into a replacement.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 29, 7:27 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

JimK wrote:
[...]

well as DPS supplied the shebang I expect they (contractually) to sort
it out pronto.

Should that not work out, I will get back onto Danfoss who have been
prompt and informative so far.

cheers
JimK

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29 Oct, 20:04, JimK wrote:
On Oct 29, 7:27 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

JimK wrote:
[...]

so much for pronto, they've apparently sent me another programmer day
before yesterday by fedex "next day" - whose website now claims
there's an address query - doh! No replies to my emails asking DPS to
check it out - seems to be usual practice down there......

You got your ears on DPS??

EPROM Programmers Tim Jenkins Electronics 0 April 4th 09 06:10 PM
Anyone used "Salus" CH programmers? Mike Barnard UK diy 0 July 10th 07 11:25 AM
Potterton Programmers Ntl UK diy 5 November 6th 06 08:01 PM
Eprom programmers what to buy.. Michael Kennedy Electronics Repair 5 June 26th 06 12:00 PM
Sunvic Central Heating Programmers James UK diy 2 November 22nd 04 12:24 AM