Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; Mazuma Mobile

What do these people who advertise for old mobiles (and pay you for them) do
with them?

Just been offered £8 for one that doesn't work & £37 for an old model.

How are they earning out of it?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 23:01:23 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

What do these people who advertise for old mobiles (and pay you for them) do
with them?

Just been offered £8 for one that doesn't work & £37 for an old model.

How are they earning out of it?

They resell them abroad.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 23:01:23 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

What do these people who advertise for old mobiles (and pay you for
them) do with them?

Just been offered £8 for one that doesn't work & £37 for an old model.

How are they earning out of it?

Worth noting that the ones who advertise most don't necessarily pay the
best rates....I shopped around a bit, and the difference was a tenner
(not bad for a couple of minutes work!)

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 23:01:23 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

What do these people who advertise for old mobiles (and pay you for
them) do with them?

Just been offered £8 for one that doesn't work & £37 for an old model.

How are they earning out of it?

Worth noting that the ones who advertise most don't necessarily pay the
best rates....I shopped around a bit, and the difference was a tenner
(not bad for a couple of minutes work!)

In case anyone is interested, I used fonebank.

Twas painless, I was a little concerned that it was a rip off after glossing
over the T&C's as my phone was a little battered but they send the quoted
amount promptly.