DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   These moulded white B&Q type doors. (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/286956-these-moulded-white-b-q-type-doors.html)

brass monkey September 12th 09 11:21 PM

These moulded white B&Q type doors.

Do I just slap on a top gloss coat or do they need priming/undercoating?
TIA.

The Medway Handyman September 13th 09 11:14 AM

brass monkey wrote:
Do I just slap on a top gloss coat or do they need
priming/undercoating? TIA.

They are meant to be pre primed so you can just gloss them. Mind you, a
coat of primer would add to their physical strength :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Tom September 13th 09 02:07 PM

"brass monkey" wrote in message
Do I just slap on a top gloss coat or do they need priming/undercoating?
TIA.

I just gave mine a coat of dulux all in one gloss and it looks OK

Tom

TheScullster September 14th 09 04:41 PM

These moulded white B&Q type doors.

"The Medway Handyman" wrote

Mind you, a coat of primer would add to their physical strength :-)

I regret fitting these for that reason!
Easy and light to handle, cheap as chips etc but very little sound
insulation between rooms :(.

Phil