Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Scaffold bars through slate roof?

I've got some solar water vacuum heating tubes to experiment with,
but how to attach them to my slate roof?

I'm thinking of using standard scaffold bars and clips,
so that I can easily adjust the height and angles.

But how to attach the scaffold to the wooden roof beams/rafters/joists?

And how to get the scaffold tube up through the slate waterproofly?

Are there fittings I can buy, what are they called, and whereform?

Or how else can I do it?

Thanks

[george]
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
george (dicegeorge) wrote:
I've got some solar water vacuum heating tubes to experiment with,
but how to attach them to my slate roof?

I'm thinking of using standard scaffold bars and clips,
so that I can easily adjust the height and angles.

But how to attach the scaffold to the wooden roof beams/rafters/joists?

And how to get the scaffold tube up through the slate waterproofly?

Are there fittings I can buy, what are they called, and whereform?

Or how else can I do it?

I've just done the solar panel thing.. I bought a kit of bits off
Navitron though. The frame that holds the tubes and manifold is held
onto the roof via four thin stainless steel strips, (2 at the top, 2 at
the bottom) pushed up between 2 tiles then wrapped round a batton behind
the slates. (No felt in my roof) Seems to hold it very securely in-place.

Steel scaffolding is really heavy... Not sure I'd use that myself.

Have a look on the navitron site for piccies, forums, etc.

Gordon