Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Do I need a reducing coupler? (plumbing)

Due to air in the hot water shower feed, I'm going to fit a Salamander S
Flange to our DHW cylinder.

http://www.salamanderpumps.co.uk/ima...ts/SFLANGE.gif

The outlet to the shower is a 22mm compression joint as you can see in the
picture in the link above. The existing shower feed is in 15mm copper. I've
been looking at what I can use to connect 15mm copper straight into the
flanges 22mm fitting.

I've found a 22mm x 15mm reducing coupler:

http://tinyurl.com/reducing-coupler (link to screwfix)

Will this do the job?

Thanks!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Davey" wrote in
om:

Due to air in the hot water shower feed, I'm going to fit a
Salamander S Flange to our DHW cylinder.

http://www.salamanderpumps.co.uk/ima...ts/SFLANGE.gif

The outlet to the shower is a 22mm compression joint as you can
see in the picture in the link above. The existing shower feed is
in 15mm copper. I've been looking at what I can use to connect
15mm copper straight into the flanges 22mm fitting.

I've found a 22mm x 15mm reducing coupler:

http://tinyurl.com/reducing-coupler (link to screwfix)

Will this do the job?

Thanks!

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/75444/...5mm-Pack-of-10

would be neater, and available in one or two packs from most diy shops.

--
Percy Picacity
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Davey" wrote in message
om...
Due to air in the hot water shower feed, I'm going to fit a Salamander S
Flange to our DHW cylinder.

http://www.salamanderpumps.co.uk/ima...ts/SFLANGE.gif

The outlet to the shower is a 22mm compression joint as you can see in the
picture in the link above. The existing shower feed is in 15mm copper.

I've
been looking at what I can use to connect 15mm copper straight into the
flanges 22mm fitting.

I've found a 22mm x 15mm reducing coupler:

http://tinyurl.com/reducing-coupler (link to screwfix)

Will this do the job?

That would do the job but you will need a short piece of 22mm copper
between the two.

A tidier and better looking job would be to use a reducing set
http://www.bes.co.uk/products/142b.asp
obtainable from plumbing shops (not sure about the sheds) and no soldering
required.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Heliotrope Smith wrote:
"Davey" wrote in message
om...
Due to air in the hot water shower feed, I'm going to fit a
Salamander S Flange to our DHW cylinder.

http://www.salamanderpumps.co.uk/ima...ts/SFLANGE.gif

The outlet to the shower is a 22mm compression joint as you can see
in the picture in the link above. The existing shower feed is in
15mm copper. I've been looking at what I can use to connect 15mm
copper straight into the flanges 22mm fitting.

I've found a 22mm x 15mm reducing coupler:

http://tinyurl.com/reducing-coupler (link to screwfix)

Will this do the job?

That would do the job but you will need a short piece of 22mm copper
between the two.

A tidier and better looking job would be to use a reducing set
http://www.bes.co.uk/products/142b.asp
obtainable from plumbing shops (not sure about the sheds) and no
soldering required.

Just the job.

Many thanks!