Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default rainwater diverter

Hello,

I am going to connect my drain pipes to a water butt. What is the best
diverter to use or are they more or less the same? Many diverters seem
to use a narrow flexible pipe as feed/overflow to/from the water butt.
I remember once seeing an advert for a diverter that used much bigger
pipes, claiming that the narrow pipes got blocked easily or would
become overwhelmed if there was a heavy downpour. Is this true or was
it marketing spin?

I think that model used standard 32mm waste. Would it be easy to
connect that to a water butt? Is there such a thing as a 32mm tank
connector?

I can't remember the make of that diverter and have not found any from
google. Does anyone know the make and whether it still exits?

I have found pages selling "rain sava". It is not explicitly stated
but I think that sued standard overflow pipe; does it? If so, that
would be useful if someone wanted to customise the installation and
run long pipe runs as pipe and elbows etc. are readily available. Has
anyone got any experience, good or bad, with the rain sava?

I have heard some people pump the water to a header tank in the loft
to flush their toilets. I presume you run the pipe u[p the side of the
house and into the eaves? How do you prevent the butt, pump, and pipe
from freezing in the winter?

I have also read some web pages about people using a pump to deliver
water at one bar so that the toilet fills up faster and apparently it
can be connected to the washing machine if above one bar. How do you
do this; what type of pump is required?

Thanks,
Stephen.

Rainwater diverter for 55mm (2 in) downpipe Alan Smithee[_2_] UK diy 2 September 10th 07 09:48 PM
rainwater harvesting dave UK diy 0 February 14th 07 08:58 PM
Screwfix Rainwater Diverter - it's 20mm diameter outlets Mungo Henning UK diy 0 July 1st 04 04:42 PM
? diverter valve for rainwater collection system Zeb Kagloonpop Home Repair 2 June 20th 04 10:08 PM
Rainwater diverter - problem David UK diy 0 July 30th 03 07:31 PM