Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tiles to a lintel?

Following on from my earlier post. I've taken down some tiles on a
concrete lintel (Garage door, inside the house since extension in 90's)

The tiles were stuck with a white tile adhesive on a mortar plastered
over the lintel. The bond between the tiles and mortar was excellent
(phew!), but the bond between the mortar and the lintel concrete is
weak.

Is there any reason why I can't stick the new tiles directly to the
concrete lintel? The mortar was there, I suspect, to level with the
pillars, and I won't have that problem for other reasons.

R.

Linoleum Tiles Over Real Tiles on Bathroom Floor averydarkplace Home Repair 11 December 22nd 07 02:17 AM
Ceramica Global - worldwide wall tiles and floor tiles catalogues Ceramica Global Home Ownership 0 November 29th 06 12:35 PM
new tiles over existing tiles in outdoor water fountain [email protected] Home Repair 3 October 2nd 06 04:44 PM
LINTEL SCAREY-B.HERE-ON-THE.NET UK diy 5 January 3rd 04 05:10 PM
Laying floor tiles on old lino/vinyl tiles Steve UK diy 4 September 28th 03 08:41 PM