Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Nail or screw

With the advances in tools like powered drill and impact screwdrivers
and powered nail guns.
Which would be the thoughts of the most secure way of fastening 50mm
2” roof timbers to 100mm 4” wall plate and to centre support beam
together.
With 100mm 4” screws or 100, 4” nail gun nail. From my thoughts
screws can snap and gun nails bend under pressure.
Or are the old methods better, claw hammer and round nail.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

You'll find most roofers have paslodes, and shoot a few skew nails in.