Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wolfcraft "workmates" - any got one of these?

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=12554

Wolfcraft Master Cut 1000 Workbench

My old B&D Workmate is dying. Came across the above and it looks pretty
handy with the ability to mount jigsaws, circular saws and routers, as well
as what looks like (as far as I can see in the pictures) a fairly versatile
clamping system.

Just wondered if anyone had any first hand experience?

Cheers

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim S wrote:
http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=12554

Wolfcraft Master Cut 1000 Workbench

My old B&D Workmate is dying. Came across the above and it looks pretty
handy with the ability to mount jigsaws, circular saws and routers, as well
as what looks like (as far as I can see in the pictures) a fairly versatile
clamping system.

Just wondered if anyone had any first hand experience?

I have one (or at least one similar). Mine calls itself a
"Multi-purpose work and machine table", it's model number 6165 which
doesn't appear to be available now but you get lots of hits for
accessories for it. I just did a search for "Wolfcraft Master Cut
1000 Workbench" and, yes, that looks just like mine.

My feeling is that it's OK[ish] but could be a lot better. I have
used it as a saw table (with my Skill Classic saw) and it's OK for
that. I've not really exercised the router accessories.

My main problems with it are that it's not very rigid, especially
'across the frame' as it were and that all the accessory bits and
pieces stick out in awkward places and make it less useful as a
straightforward bench because whenever you try and clamp something to
it there's something in the way.

If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask, my E-Mail
here is valid if you want to use that.

--
Chris Green

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 09:56:10 +0100, Tim S wrote:

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=12554

Wolfcraft Master Cut 1000 Workbench

My old B&D Workmate is dying. Came across the above and it looks pretty
handy with the ability to mount jigsaws, circular saws and routers, as
well as what looks like (as far as I can see in the pictures) a fairly
versatile clamping system.

Just wondered if anyone had any first hand experience?

Cheers

Tim

No personal experience of this one, but it's a bit cheaper at Machinemart:

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/pr...00-workstation

http://tinyurl.com/kkgub2

You might find it's a bit of a throwback to the days of multiple
attachment changing - drill + sander / saw / etc. = a bit of a pain to use.

Cic.

Using Ubuntu Linux
Windows shown the door

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim S wrote:
http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=12554

Wolfcraft Master Cut 1000 Workbench

My old B&D Workmate is dying. Came across the above and it looks pretty
handy with the ability to mount jigsaws, circular saws and routers, as well
as what looks like (as far as I can see in the pictures) a fairly versatile
clamping system.

Just wondered if anyone had any first hand experience?

Cheers

Tim

Got the same one from Screwfix - for me, with very limited storage then
it's a good useful workbench. I've used mine both as a 1/2" router table
and a saw bench using a circular saw. Like Chris says, it's not the most
stable of things in the world, but provided you don't take the pee with
it and what you're working with then it holds its own.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Dodd coughed up some electrons that declared:

Tim S wrote:
http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=12554

Wolfcraft Master Cut 1000 Workbench

My old B&D Workmate is dying. Came across the above and it looks pretty
handy with the ability to mount jigsaws, circular saws and routers, as
well as what looks like (as far as I can see in the pictures) a fairly
versatile clamping system.

Just wondered if anyone had any first hand experience?

Cheers

Tim

Got the same one from Screwfix - for me, with very limited storage then
it's a good useful workbench. I've used mine both as a 1/2" router table
and a saw bench using a circular saw. Like Chris says, it's not the most
stable of things in the world, but provided you don't take the pee with
it and what you're working with then it holds its own.

Thanks to everyone. It can't be much worse than the old B&D I've been using
for stability - and old plastic sawhorses on bricks to support long
lenghts. I don;t expect much so I'm probably going to be happy with this.
It's the clamping versatility (or lack of) that's been biting me with the
B&D and the top's dying (water damage) and the jaws never open enough to
clamp anything useful in them...

It could certainly solve a lot of problems like being a simple router table,
and sawbench for the next couple of years until I build my shed

I'll keep the B&D as a secondary support and mitre saw bench - it's OK for
that as I've screwed the saw down to the top.

Cheers

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim S wrote:
http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=12554

Wolfcraft Master Cut 1000 Workbench

My old B&D Workmate is dying. Came across the above and it looks pretty
handy with the ability to mount jigsaws, circular saws and routers, as
well as what looks like (as far as I can see in the pictures) a fairly
versatile clamping system.

Just wondered if anyone had any first hand experience?

Cheers

Tim

Got the same one from Screwfix - for me, with very limited storage then
it's a good useful workbench. I've used mine both as a 1/2" router table
and a saw bench using a circular saw. Like Chris says, it's not the most
stable of things in the world, but provided you don't take the pee with
it and what you're working with then it holds its own.

BTW I just watched the video on their website. Nice to see it will work with
all the green Bosch cutting implements I already have ;-

Typical German bloke - all his tools arranged neatly on shelves!

Bet he earnt a jolly good seeing to from the wife for all those things he
made...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim S wrote:
http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=12554

Wolfcraft Master Cut 1000 Workbench

My old B&D Workmate is dying. Came across the above and it looks
pretty handy with the ability to mount jigsaws, circular saws and
routers, as well as what looks like (as far as I can see in the
pictures) a fairly versatile clamping system.

Just wondered if anyone had any first hand experience?

Not of that, but I have one of these
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-Magnu.../dp/B000EOW5LY
which I find brilliant.

Built like a brick outbuilding, big clamping range, fast clamping & you can
run a router or circ saw along the guides on the inside of the jaws.

Since they have brought out a turbo nutter ******* version
http://www.draper.co.uk/catalogue/Pa...e/p343-345.pdf third one down.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "R" saying
something like:

Since they have brought out a turbo nutter ******* version
http://www.draper.co.uk/catalogue/Pa...e/p343-345.pdf third one down.

'kin *how much* !

'kin exactly!
And look at the price of the bare steel bench.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
drugs began to take hold. I remember "R" saying
something like:

Since they have brought out a turbo nutter ******* version
http://www.draper.co.uk/catalogue/Pa...e/p343-345.pdf third one
down.

'kin *how much* !

'kin exactly!
And look at the price of the bare steel bench.

I didn't think £125 was unreasonable for the workbench mentioned.
A quick google will find where they are this price as the draper catalogue
price is grossly inflated.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim S wrote:
http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=12554

Wolfcraft Master Cut 1000 Workbench

My old B&D Workmate is dying. Came across the above and it looks
pretty handy with the ability to mount jigsaws, circular saws and
routers, as well as what looks like (as far as I can see in the
pictures) a fairly versatile clamping system.

Just wondered if anyone had any first hand experience?

Not of that, but I have one of these
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-Magnu.../dp/B000EOW5LY
which I find brilliant.

Built like a brick outbuilding, big clamping range, fast clamping &
you can run a router or circ saw along the guides on the inside of
the jaws. Since they have brought out a turbo nutter ******* version
http://www.draper.co.uk/catalogue/Pa...e/p343-345.pdf third one
down.

'kin *how much* !

The one I bought was the 800 & it was around £60.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "dennis@home"
saying something like:

And look at the price of the bare steel bench.

I didn't think £125 was unreasonable for the workbench mentioned.
A quick google will find where they are this price as the draper catalogue
price is grossly inflated.

Eh? I'm referring to the four hundred pounds Sterling one.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
drugs began to take hold. I remember "dennis@home"
saying something like:

And look at the price of the bare steel bench.

I didn't think £125 was unreasonable for the workbench mentioned.
A quick google will find where they are this price as the draper catalogue
price is grossly inflated.

Eh? I'm referring to the four hundred pounds Sterling one.

I believe I am also referring to that one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/10/2016 18:07, wrote:
On Monday, August 17, 2009 at 9:56:10 AM UTC+1, Tim S wrote:
http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=12554

Wolfcraft Master Cut 1000 Workbench

My old B&D Workmate is dying. Came across the above and it looks pretty
handy with the ability to mount jigsaws, circular saws and routers, as well
as what looks like (as far as I can see in the pictures) a fairly versatile
clamping system.

Just wondered if anyone had any first hand experience?

Cheers

Tim

tHEY ARE BRILLIANT

In the 7 years that have passed he may have made his own mind up.

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 09 Oct 2016 21:15:08 +0100, Vir Campestris wrote:

On 09/10/2016 18:07, wrote:
On Monday, August 17, 2009 at 9:56:10 AM UTC+1, Tim S wrote:
http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=12554

Wolfcraft Master Cut 1000 Workbench

My old B&D Workmate is dying. Came across the above and it looks
pretty handy with the ability to mount jigsaws, circular saws and
routers, as well as what looks like (as far as I can see in the
pictures) a fairly versatile clamping system.

Just wondered if anyone had any first hand experience?

Cheers

Tim

tHEY ARE BRILLIANT

In the 7 years that have passed he may have made his own mind up.

And they are no longer sold.