Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What do you like about this NG?

Hi there,

I just thought I'd start this of, what do you like about this NG?

I like the humour, the helpful people and the fact that it's not
moderated.

I also like the fact that I'm not discriminated for my age.

I remember when I was much younger/stupid/idiotic I used to post
rubbish such as:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....keston+boiler#

I have learnt a lot on this NG.

Now I am much more decent and post things that are far more logical.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:45:53 -0700 (PDT), David wrote:

Hi there,

I just thought I'd start this of, what do you like about this NG?

All things considered, it's the flame wars...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Appelation Controlee wrote:
On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:45:53 -0700 (PDT), David wrote:

Hi there,

I just thought I'd start this of, what do you like about this NG?

All things considered, it's the flame wars...

Ripping it out of Dennis :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
news
Appelation Controlee wrote:
On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:45:53 -0700 (PDT), David wrote:

Hi there,

I just thought I'd start this of, what do you like about this NG?

All things considered, it's the flame wars...

Ripping it out of Dennis :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Geoff's diplomatic skills.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15 Aug, 00:45, David wrote:
I just thought I'd start this of, what do you like about this NG?

It's like going to the pub but I never have to buy a round.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Appelation
Controlee writes
On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:45:53 -0700 (PDT), David wrote:

Hi there,

I just thought I'd start this of, what do you like about this NG?

All things considered, it's the flame wars...

Dennis baiting and Drivel poking [1]

[1] - in the pointy stick sense of the word, of course

and its resilience and forgiving nature

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
ARWadsworth writes

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message news
Appelation Controlee wrote:
On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:45:53 -0700 (PDT), David wrote:

Hi there,

I just thought I'd start this of, what do you like about this NG?

All things considered, it's the flame wars...

Ripping it out of Dennis :-)

-- Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Geoff's diplomatic skills.

I have to admit that I'm going soft in my old age ...

I did fire one of my employees yesterday, not lost it all together

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15 Aug, 20:13, geoff wrote:
In message , Appelation
Controlee writes

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:45:53 -0700 (PDT), David wrote:

Hi there,

I just thought I'd start this of, what do you like about this NG?

All things considered, it's the flame wars...

Dennis baiting and Drivel poking [1]

[1] - in the pointy stick sense of the word, of course

and its resilience and forgiving nature

--
geoff

Please eff off as you are a plantpot ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
David writes
Hi there,

I just thought I'd start this of, what do you like about this NG?

I like the humour, the helpful people and the fact that it's not
moderated.

The absence of cross posting trolls!

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
Owain writes
On 15 Aug, 20:15, geoff wrote:
I did fire one of my employees yesterday,

In an kiln or from a cannon?

Don't give me ideas ...

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:
On 15 Aug, 20:13, geoff wrote:
In message , Appelation
Controlee writes

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:45:53 -0700 (PDT), David wrote:

Hi there,

I just thought I'd start this of, what do you like about this NG?

All things considered, it's the flame wars...

Dennis baiting and Drivel poking [1]

[1] - in the pointy stick sense of the word, of course

and its resilience and forgiving nature

--
geoff

Please eff off as you are a plantpot ;-)

Someone is getting the hang of things aroung here :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway
Handyman writes
David wrote:
On 15 Aug, 20:13, geoff wrote:
In message , Appelation
Controlee writes

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:45:53 -0700 (PDT), David wrote:

Hi there,

I just thought I'd start this of, what do you like about this NG?

All things considered, it's the flame wars...

Dennis baiting and Drivel poking [1]

[1] - in the pointy stick sense of the word, of course

and its resilience and forgiving nature

--
geoff

Please eff off as you are a plantpot ;-)

Someone is getting the hang of things aroung here :-)

Nah - no good without the reference to me climbing a coconut tree in a
sarong

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:

In message
,
Owain writes
On 15 Aug, 20:15, geoff wrote:
I did fire one of my employees yesterday,

In an kiln or from a cannon?

Don't give me ideas ...

A kiln would be better. I could listen to the screaming all day long.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 20:38:09 +0100, Tim Lamb wrote:

In message
,
David writes
Hi there,

I just thought I'd start this of, what do you like about this NG?

I like the humour, the helpful people and the fact that it's not
moderated.

The absence of cross posting trolls!

....because of our (not-so) delicate touch with the angle grinder when
removing them!

(yay! first to get angle grinder into this!)

--
Mick (Working in a M$-free zone!)
Web: http://www.nascom.info
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Owain writes:
On 15 Aug, 00:45, David wrote:
I just thought I'd start this of, what do you like about this NG?

It's like going to the pub but I never have to buy a round.

Someone just mailed me this, which I thought would raise a smile here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOtoujYOWw0

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
In message , The
Medway Handyman writes
David wrote:
On 15 Aug, 20:13, geoff wrote:
In message , Appelation
Controlee writes

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:45:53 -0700 (PDT), David wrote:

Hi there,

I just thought I'd start this of, what do you like about this NG?

All things considered, it's the flame wars...

Dennis baiting and Drivel poking [1]

[1] - in the pointy stick sense of the word, of course

and its resilience and forgiving nature

--
geoff

Please eff off as you are a plantpot ;-)

Someone is getting the hang of things aroung here :-)

Nah - no good without the reference to me climbing a coconut tree in a
sarong

Why was the tree wearing a sarong?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway
Handyman writes
geoff wrote:
In message , The
Medway Handyman writes
David wrote:
On 15 Aug, 20:13, geoff wrote:
In message , Appelation
Controlee writes

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:45:53 -0700 (PDT), David wrote:

Hi there,

I just thought I'd start this of, what do you like about this NG?

All things considered, it's the flame wars...

Dennis baiting and Drivel poking [1]

[1] - in the pointy stick sense of the word, of course

and its resilience and forgiving nature

--
geoff

Please eff off as you are a plantpot ;-)

Someone is getting the hang of things aroung here :-)

Nah - no good without the reference to me climbing a coconut tree in a
sarong

Why was the tree wearing a sarong?

To keep its nuts warm ...

http://www.kateda.org/Kateda.org/Home.html

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 Aug, 15:01, geoff wrote:
In message , The Medway
Handyman writes

geoff wrote:
In message , The
Medway Handyman writes
David wrote:
On 15 Aug, 20:13, geoff wrote:
In message , Appelation
Controlee writes

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:45:53 -0700 (PDT), David wrote:

Hi there,

I just thought I'd start this of, what do you like about this NG?

All things considered, it's the flame wars...

Dennis baiting and Drivel poking [1]

[1] - in the pointy stick sense of the word, of course

and its resilience and forgiving nature

--
geoff

Please eff off as you are a plantpot * ;-)

Someone is getting the hang of things aroung here *:-)

Nah - no good without the reference to me climbing a coconut tree in a
sarong

Why was the tree wearing a sarong?

To keep its nuts warm ...

http://www.kateda.org/Kateda.org/Home.html

--
geoff

Did you guys ever think I was a kid when I used to post rubbish about
Keston boilers etc?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 17:39:37 -0700 (PDT), David wrote:

Did you guys ever think I was a kid when I used to post rubbish about
Keston boilers etc?

If it makes you feel better.