Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing wall paint

Hello again,

I've been exchanging emails with Mapei about how best to fix my tiling.
Part of the wall in my bathroom is painted; when I asked about this the
Man From Mapei said:

"The tiles will only be bonded as strongly as the paint is fixed so it
might be a good idea to scarify the paint off and apply primer G before
fixing tiling."

This is as far as I know normal emulsion wall paint (could possibly be a
slightly water-resistant bathroom type). I've never removed wall paint
before; I guess it would be nigh-on impossible if you wanted a finish
suitable for painting over, but as something to take tile adhesive I can
get a bit more agressive. Any suggestions for how to quickly remove it?

Pete