Posted to uk.d-i-y
Limey Lurker Limey Lurker is offline

Default Removing wall paint

On 13 Aug, 20:15, Pete Verdon
d wrote:
Hello again,

I've been exchanging emails with Mapei about how best to fix my tiling.
Part of the wall in my bathroom is painted; when I asked about this the
Man From Mapei said:

"The tiles will only be bonded as strongly as the paint is fixed so it
might be a good idea to scarify the paint off and apply primer G before
fixing tiling."

This is as far as I know normal emulsion wall paint (could possibly be a
slightly water-resistant bathroom type). I've never removed wall paint
before; I guess it would be nigh-on impossible if you wanted a finish
suitable for painting over, but as something to take tile adhesive I can
get a bit more agressive. Any suggestions for how to quickly remove it?

Pete

Paint it with a thick coat of "heavyweight" mix wall paper paste, let
it stand for
an hour (or longer if neccesary) and then scrape off. When all the
paint is removed
rinse the wall with clean water.