Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default strange door knob assembly

Not got a camera to hand unfortunately, but while in the process of
decorating, we removed what I think was an original "feature" of the
house, built in about 1989.

Instead of a regular door knob, as found on cupboards up and down the
land, this one has a large cutout from the door, approx 2.5" diameter,
and instead of the common square "dowel" between the handles, this is
a pressed steel crescent shape of about 3/4" breadth which slotted
into a similarly designed latch.

It's pretty much blown the idea of simply replacing it with a similar
knob we chose for every other cupboard (which didn't have these "odd"
handles on them), but does anyone know if they have a name / or are
still available to see if we can get a close match to the other
cupboards ?

(the hole in the door is probably too substantial to fill neatly, so a
"similar" handle set might be a better bet)

Door knob CJC UK diy 3 November 22nd 06 01:50 PM
Door knob set Lawrie UK diy 3 March 28th 06 01:20 AM
Door knob problem Home Repair 1 December 5th 05 06:31 PM
Door knob problem Goedjn Home Repair 0 December 5th 05 04:50 PM
Door knob problem Lawrence Wasserman Home Repair 0 December 5th 05 04:21 PM