Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Grass-like plant in Italy

I'm hoping to make a very small (10 square metres) "lawn" in Tuscany,
and have read that grass requires an inordinate amount of watering,
and that other plants are used in its place in hot climates.

I've seen various apparently different species mentioned:
Ophiopogon (aka as convollaria or turquoise),
Temple grass, Japanese velvet grass, and others.

I wonder if anyone has any experience of this,
or can suggest somewhere more appropriate to ask this question?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Timothy Murphy wrote:
I'm hoping to make a very small (10 square metres) "lawn" in Tuscany,
and have read that grass requires an inordinate amount of watering,
and that other plants are used in its place in hot climates.

I've seen various apparently different species mentioned:
Ophiopogon (aka as convollaria or turquoise),
Temple grass, Japanese velvet grass, and others.

I wonder if anyone has any experience of this,
or can suggest somewhere more appropriate to ask this question?

ask in uk.rec.gardening

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 13:11:11 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
I'm hoping to make a very small (10 square metres) "lawn" in Tuscany,
and have read that grass requires an inordinate amount of watering,
and that other plants are used in its place in hot climates.

I've seen various apparently different species mentioned:
Ophiopogon (aka as convollaria or turquoise),
Temple grass, Japanese velvet grass, and others.

I wonder if anyone has any experience of this,
or can suggest somewhere more appropriate to ask this question?

plastic grass?
(never needs cutting!)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18 July, 16:12, pete wrote:
Camomile? Used for lawns at Buck house, apparently.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthemis_nobilis

L'Aquila, Italy Jeff Lawrence UK diy 2 April 9th 09 03:09 PM
From Valentin Yotkov, Italy ValentinYotkov.com Metalworking 0 December 5th 08 01:41 AM
Question from Italy cybfed Metalworking 2 May 22nd 05 03:13 AM
charity plant sales - plant licences? Chris Bacon UK diy 1 May 11th 05 07:49 PM
Getting wired for the U.S. and Italy!!! [email protected] Electronics Repair 20 February 12th 05 11:28 PM