Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
AA AA is offline

Default Door Security Guard

I'm looking for one of these. Not a beefy guy with his arms crossed
but a metal latch thingy that is an alternative to a door security
chain.
They are called door security guards in the US - I used to have one on
my apartment door there & you tend to get them on hotel room doors. In
UK the preference seems to be for pathetic flimsy bath plug chains
that snap off on a slight breeze (well, that's what happened to
mine).
Here's a photo of what I mean http://images.orgill.com/200x200/1133412.jpg
My google searches have led nowhere - if only I knew what they were
called here. My neighbour has one that he insists he bought in B&Q
but I've never seen one there and the staff look at me blankly when I
ask. Which is pretty much how they always look anyway.

Front door security David J UK diy 13 July 2nd 09 12:00 PM
OT - Guard Duck, Shop Security J T Woodworking 7 July 27th 07 10:27 PM
Garage Door Security DavidKendall UK diy 4 April 29th 06 12:07 AM
Security Door Trish Home Repair 1 July 16th 05 01:55 PM
security door install problem BillC Home Repair 3 June 8th 05 05:44 PM