Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Chimney liner problem

My sweep recently told me that gaps had appeared around the top of my
liner and should be filled in. How can I seal these gaps without
filling the space between the liner and the chimney down to the bottom
of the liner?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"None" wrote in message
My sweep recently told me that gaps had appeared around the top of my
liner and should be filled in. How can I seal these gaps without
filling the space between the liner and the chimney down to the bottom
of the liner?

A nice stiff mix and no rain for a day ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

None wrote:
My sweep recently told me that gaps had appeared around the top of my
liner and should be filled in. How can I seal these gaps without
filling the space between the liner and the chimney down to the bottom
of the liner?

Fire rated expanding foam

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12 July, 21:49, "Phil L" wrote:
None wrote:
My sweep recently told me that gaps had appeared around the top of my
linerand should be filled in. How can I seal these gaps without
filling the space between thelinerand thechimneydown to the bottom
of theliner?

Fire rated expanding foam

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

Thanks Phil. Do you recommend any brand?

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

None wrote:
On 12 July, 21:49, "Phil L" wrote:
None wrote:
My sweep recently told me that gaps had appeared around the top of
my linerand should be filled in. How can I seal these gaps without
filling the space between thelinerand thechimneydown to the bottom
of theliner?

Fire rated expanding foam

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

Thanks Phil. Do you recommend any brand?

Mike

Not really - they all meet stringent fire regulations, just get a cheap one
if you can find one, and fire rated foam is pink, not yellow.
It's highly unlikely there's going to be much heat up there, but better to
be safe than sorry.
You'll still need to point over with sand and cement after the foam's set
BTW.

Chimney liner Tim Lamb[_2_] UK diy 0 January 22nd 09 11:11 PM
Chimney Liner DSegal1027 Home Repair 0 January 21st 05 02:39 AM
Chimney Liner DSegal1027 Home Repair 1 January 19th 05 03:26 AM
New chimney liner nex barry martin Home Repair 1 October 19th 04 05:27 PM
Chimney liner confusion Brian Andrews Home Repair 8 August 26th 04 06:47 PM