Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hose Connector

We have a garden hose bought from QVC a couple of years ago. It's a flat
section type hose made up of 3 small tube sections. It came with a reel and
you could unwind it from each side of the reel independantly. The connector
on one end has broken and I need to replace it. I've never seen this hose on
sale anywhere and there's nothing on the reel to identify who it is made by.
The connector has a female thread with a rubber washer (like on the end of a
washing machine hose) and it must have three spigots to fit into the three
small sections of hose. Anyone any idea where i can get one?
Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nodge" wrote in message
We have a garden hose bought from QVC a couple of years ago. It's a flat
section type hose made up of 3 small tube sections. It came with a reel
and you could unwind it from each side of the reel independantly. The
connector on one end has broken and I need to replace it. I've never seen
this hose on sale anywhere and there's nothing on the reel to identify who
it is made by. The connector has a female thread with a rubber washer
(like on the end of a washing machine hose) and it must have three spigots
to fit into the three small sections of hose. Anyone any idea where i can
get one?

they tried selling those at motorhome shows a few years ago, but stopped
when everyone took them back for refunds, as the flow through them was so
poor they were useless.... they were sold as a hose to fill the water tanks
up that you didnt need to unwind the entire cassette when the tap was next
to the filler.

i tried one, took 35 minutes to fill my 140 litre tank up, next year at that
show i have a few lengths of 3.4 inch hose, went to the same tap, and filled
up in less than 5 mins.

i've seen them sold since on tinternet, flow through flat hose is what they
seem to be called, i always wondered if anyone who actually keep one longer
than a week.

Where can I buy a hose for an air conditioner? (to make my existing hose longer) [email protected] UK diy 2 August 4th 06 09:17 PM
fa: air hose/water/hydraulic/?? fiarleads (roller thingies to guide the hose when you pull it off a reel) William B Noble (don't reply to this address) Metalworking 0 February 25th 06 06:25 AM
Karcher hose connector eevoob UK diy 15 February 17th 06 11:22 AM
hose faucet question: hose bibbs versus sillcocks pat Home Repair 3 June 14th 04 01:19 PM
Connecting Delinghi Gas Cooker to flexible (threaded) hose connector Ghazali UK diy 5 August 27th 03 04:43 PM