Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default AEG tumble dryers

Hi there,

What is the reliability like of AEG vented dryers?

Does anyone own any AEG appliances, if so are they any good?

We would get a Miele but it is just too expensive.

Is it possible to vent the dryer using only plastic ducting?

Thanks for your help; it is appreciated.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
OG OG is offline

"David" wrote in message
Hi there,

What is the reliability like of AEG vented dryers?

Does anyone own any AEG appliances, if so are they any good?

I don't have one, but Which? magazine has their tumble driers very slightly
ahead of Miele on reliability. Unfortunately, they didn't give any AEG
vented machine a 'Best Buy' (they reviewed the T35850) but they do
recommend a Zanussi (ZDE57140W) which is considerably cheaper and the only
feature not on the Zanussi is a delayed start.
Zanussi are rated equally with AEG for reliability

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7 July, 23:19, "OG" wrote:
"David" wrote in message

Hi there,

What is the reliability like of AEG vented dryers?

Does anyone own any AEG appliances, if so are they any good?

I don't have one, but Which? magazine has their tumble driers very slightly
ahead of Miele on reliability. Unfortunately, they didn't give any AEG
vented machine a 'Best Buy' (they reviewed the T35850) *but they do
recommend a Zanussi (ZDE57140W) which is considerably cheaper and the only
feature not on the Zanussi is a delayed start.
Zanussi are rated equally with AEG for reliability

Thanks, the best buy Zanussi has been replaced with the ZDE67550W

Did the AEG just about fall short of a best buy or was it really low
down on the list?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
OG OG is offline

David wrote:
On 7 July, 23:19, "OG" wrote:
"David" wrote in message

Hi there,
What is the reliability like of AEG vented dryers?
Does anyone own any AEG appliances, if so are they any good?

I don't have one, but Which? magazine has their tumble driers very slightly
ahead of Miele on reliability. Unfortunately, they didn't give any AEG
vented machine a 'Best Buy' (they reviewed the T35850) but they do
recommend a Zanussi (ZDE57140W) which is considerably cheaper and the only
feature not on the Zanussi is a delayed start.
Zanussi are rated equally with AEG for reliability

Thanks, the best buy Zanussi has been replaced with the ZDE67550W

Did the AEG just about fall short of a best buy or was it really low
down on the list?

More than half way down 53rd of 95. The AEG had a 56% score for a £264
machine compared with 66% for a £171 Zanussi.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:
Hi there,

What is the reliability like of AEG vented dryers?

Does anyone own any AEG appliances, if so are they any good?

We would get a Miele but it is just too expensive.

Is it possible to vent the dryer using only plastic ducting?

Thanks for your help; it is appreciated.

We've had a Whirlpool (AWZ 3303) for about the last 4/5 years which has been
too extensively used due to both weather and having two large kids still in
the nest who are either avid cricketers or footballers. Does the job and no
complaints to date.

Which? says the brand is above average for reliabilty, (I've just checked).
Do not recall the price, but they seemed mainstream at the time.

Ours vented through plastic pipe to the exterior.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
David writes

Does anyone own any AEG appliances, if so are they any good?

We have an AEG dishwasher - age um maybe around 8ish years.

It's nice and quiet, seems well made, and sits there and works reliably
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 8 July, 02:46, chris French
wrote:
In message
,
David writes

Does anyone own any AEG appliances, if so are they any good?

We have an AEG dishwasher - age um maybe around 8ish years.

It's nice and quiet, seems well made, and sits there and works reliably
--
Chris French

Thanks for the replies guys, do any of you think it is worth paying
extra and going for this dryer:

http://www.redhillappliances.co.uk/P...PRODUCTID=3272
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:
On 8 July, 02:46, chris French
wrote:
In message
,
David writes

Does anyone own any AEG appliances, if so are they any good?

We have an AEG dishwasher - age um maybe around 8ish years.

It's nice and quiet, seems well made, and sits there and works
reliably --
Chris French

Thanks for the replies guys, do any of you think it is worth paying
extra and going for this dryer:

http://www.redhillappliances.co.uk/P...PRODUCTID=3272

Seems good according to Which?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 8 July, 13:10, "Clot" wrote:
David wrote:
On 8 July, 02:46, chris French
wrote:
In message
,
David writes

Does anyone own any AEG appliances, if so are they any good?

We have an AEG dishwasher - age um maybe around 8ish years.

It's nice and quiet, seems well made, and sits there and works
reliably --
Chris French

Thanks for the replies guys, do any of you think it is worth paying
extra and going for this dryer:

http://www.redhillappliances.co.uk/P...PRODUCTID=3272

Seems good according to Which?

Thanks, I'll report to my Dad and see what he says.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 7, 10:50*pm, David wrote:
Hi there,

What is the reliability like of AEG vented dryers?

Does anyone own any AEG appliances, if so are they any good?

We would get a Miele but it is just too expensive.

Is it possible to vent the dryer using only plastic ducting?

Thanks for your help; it is appreciated.

PS http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index....=Clothes_Dryer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 8 July, 20:39, NT wrote:
On Jul 7, 10:50*pm, David wrote:

Hi there,

What is the reliability like of AEG vented dryers?

Does anyone own any AEG appliances, if so are they any good?

We would get a Miele but it is just too expensive.

Is it possible to vent the dryer using only plastic ducting?

Thanks for your help; it is appreciated.

PShttp://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Clothes_Dryer

I have seen that, unfourtunately it doesn't appeal to my Mum
Posted to uk.d-i-y

snipped

Just an update, we have now purchased this dryer:
http://we-sell-it.co.uk/value/prodpa...ces/T7634.html

Condensing Tumble Dryers diy-newby UK diy 12 November 9th 07 09:57 PM
Tumble Dryers [email protected] UK diy 0 November 13th 06 02:46 PM
Automatic Tumble Dryers Michael Chare UK diy 6 April 20th 06 10:24 AM
Narrow Tumble Dryers [email protected] UK diy 0 July 27th 05 11:29 PM
Tumble Dryers al UK diy 17 January 5th 04 09:36 PM