DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Alternative to Screwfix? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/281712-alternative-screwfix.html)

Les Desser July 5th 09 06:01 PM

Alternative to Screwfix?

A few weeks ago someone here mentioned an other company similar to
Screwfix but with better prices.

I looked it up and was interested in a particular light fitting of
theirs but the name now escapes me. Anyone can help?

Thanks.
--
Les Desser
(The Reply-to address IS valid)

Roger Mills July 5th 09 06:16 PM

Alternative to Screwfix?

http://www.toolstation.com/ ?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Les Desser July 5th 09 06:44 PM

Alternative to Screwfix?

In article , Roger Mills
Sun, 5 Jul 2009 18:16:14 writes

http://www.toolstation.com/ ?

Thanks - that is it.

BodgeIt July 5th 09 07:59 PM

Alternative to Screwfix?

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 18:01:29 +0100, Les Desser
wrote:

A few weeks ago someone here mentioned an other company similar to
Screwfix but with better prices.

I looked it up and was interested in a particular light fitting of
theirs but the name now escapes me. Anyone can help?

Thanks.

I've started using Tool station, they don't quite have the range of
screwfix, but I've found them reliable and you get free delivery over
£10.

Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot July 5th 09 08:12 PM

Alternative to Screwfix?

Roger Mills wrote:
Les Desser wrote:

A few weeks ago someone here mentioned an other company similar to
Screwfix but with better prices.

I looked it up and was interested in a particular light fitting of
theirs but the name now escapes me. Anyone can help?

Thanks.

http://www.toolstation.com/ ?

Good lot, they are.

Si