Junior Member

Default cleaning carpet

I have a 12 x 10 ft Axeminster/Wilton type carpet that needs cleaned. I intended to hire a RugDoctor machine but their w/site does not recommend their machine for hessian backed type carpets.
Any suggestions please?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

mikehh wrote:
I have a 12 x 10 ft Axeminster/Wilton type carpet that needs cleaned. I
intended to hire a RugDoctor machine but their w/site does not
recommend their machine for hessian backed type carpets.
Any suggestions please?

I have used one on such a carpet with good results. I would expect the
fear is that they may cause shrinkage.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
mikehh wrote:
I have a 12 x 10 ft Axeminster/Wilton type carpet that needs
cleaned. I intended to hire a RugDoctor machine but their w/site
does not recommend their machine for hessian backed type carpets.
Any suggestions please?

I have used one on such a carpet with good results. I would expect the
fear is that they may cause shrinkage.

Arse armour indeed. No reason why you can't clean a hessian backed woven
carpet with a Rug Doctor. It fact, because of the brush action it will
clean faster, so overall less water will be used.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...t_Cleaning_FAQ

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk