Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default discoloured sealant - cleaning or removal?

Hi all
MIL has some uPVC french windows in a room she's getting redecorated. The
white sealant between the windows and the walls/ceiling has become
discoloured (it's a room used by smokers) and now the room's being repainted
she's unhappy with the way this stands out.

I'm about to advise here it'll need removing/stripping and re-sealing
(probably by yours truly ;-/ ) but I thought I'd check here beforehand - is
there any mileage in trying to clean it?

Thanks
Jon N

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 29, 8:23*pm, The Night Tripper wrote:
Hi all
* * * * MIL has some uPVC french windows in a room she's getting redecorated. The
white sealant between the windows and the walls/ceiling has become
discoloured (it's a room used by smokers) and now the room's being repainted
she's unhappy with the way this stands out.

I'm about to advise here it'll need removing/stripping and re-sealing
(probably by yours truly ;-/ ) but I thought I'd check here beforehand - is
there any mileage in trying to clean it?

Why not find out for yourself and just try cleaning it?

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

Why not find out for yourself and just try cleaning it?

Because she's a distance away and we won't be visiting for a while.

Acrylic sealant removal? George UK diy 3 March 24th 08 10:44 PM
Brickwork getting discoloured white by mortar. Yvonne UK diy 4 March 20th 07 12:14 AM
Silicon Sealant Removal from upholstery SteveG UK diy 5 February 1st 06 09:31 AM
Cleaning & Mold Removal contractors needed in Louisiana [email protected] Home Repair 0 October 24th 05 03:47 AM
Removal/cleaning of bitumen paint from sofa :-( Richard UK diy 20 March 26th 05 04:37 PM