Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default additional electric meter in loft

hi all
I have a loft conversion and installed a seperate fuse box (daisyed
chained off the main fuse box) for this so that I could use the OWL
electric wireless device to monitor electricity usage by the loft and
charge the tenant accordingly. However OWL doesn't measure the cost as
accurately. Is anyone able to suggest how I can accomplish this
please. thnks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sun_9292 wrote:
hi all
I have a loft conversion and installed a seperate fuse box (daisyed
chained off the main fuse box) for this so that I could use the OWL
electric wireless device to monitor electricity usage by the loft and
charge the tenant accordingly. However OWL doesn't measure the cost as
accurately. Is anyone able to suggest how I can accomplish this
please. thnks

Just install an electricity meter between the feed from your CU and the
new one

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/RDCRED60.html will do fine!

....you do know you are only allowed to charge what you pay I assume...

Toby...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sun_9292 wrote:
hi all
I have a loft conversion and installed a seperate fuse box (daisyed
chained off the main fuse box) for this so that I could use the OWL
electric wireless device to monitor electricity usage by the loft and
charge the tenant accordingly. However OWL doesn't measure the cost as
accurately. Is anyone able to suggest how I can accomplish this
please. thnks

Any submeter you provide must be approved by the electricity company, and
not many of them are, making the whole thing a minefield.
Owl monitors are definately not approved and you are commiting an offence by
using one to meter your tennants electricity.

have a read of this before you go any further:

http://www.buildingdesign.co.uk/elec...ing-basics.htm

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Toby
scribeth thus
sun_9292 wrote:
hi all
I have a loft conversion and installed a seperate fuse box (daisyed
chained off the main fuse box) for this so that I could use the OWL
electric wireless device to monitor electricity usage by the loft and
charge the tenant accordingly. However OWL doesn't measure the cost as
accurately. Is anyone able to suggest how I can accomplish this
please. thnks

Just install an electricity meter between the feed from your CU and the
new one

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/RDCRED60.html will do fine!

£13.60 seems rather cheap does it come with a calibration cert;?..
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26 June, 21:30, tony sayer wrote:
In article , Toby
scribeth thus

sun_9292 wrote:
hi all
I have a loft conversion and installed a seperate fuse box (daisyed
chained off the main fuse box) for this so that I could use *the OWL
electric wireless device to monitor electricity usage by the loft and
charge the tenant accordingly. However OWL doesn't measure the cost as
accurately. Is anyone able to suggest how I can accomplish this
please. thnks

Just install an electricity meter between the feed from your CU and the
new one

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/RDCRED60.htmlwill do fine!

£13.60 seems rather cheap does it come with a calibration cert;?..
--
Tony Sayer

Try ebay item 350164825584
Said to be approved and calibrated

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Phil L" wrote in message
om...
sun_9292 wrote:
[...]

Nice link Phil

Thank you

Adam

Bypassing Electric Meter Al Moran Home Repair 37 October 26th 19 04:14 PM
Additional Earth Connection To Electric Shower Stuart UK diy 10 January 1st 07 02:29 AM
Electric meter seals no idea UK diy 34 October 6th 06 03:12 PM
How does an electric meter work? RayV Home Repair 20 May 11th 06 10:50 PM
Can I add an additional electric-supply coin meter? Howie UK diy 10 January 12th 06 04:23 PM