Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Problem writing script

I have two different programs on a disc inside thier own folders.

I have two jpeg pics. one for each program in a folder called buttons.

I have in the root of the disc a file called autorun, contents being:

[autorun]
ShellExecute=program.html

The program.html file contents are this:

html
head
title
/title
/head
body
center
p /p
h1 class='title' 'My Backup Programs' /h1
p /p
Please choose which program you would like to install
p/p
a href="\photostudio\setup"img src="\buttons\photostudio.jpg"
width="133" height="100" border="1" alt="photostudio"/a
a href="\vlc\vlc-0.9.9-win32"img src="\buttons\vlc.jpg" width="133"
height="100" border="1" alt="vlc"/a
/center
p /p
/body
/html

Now the problem is this, when the autorun file is activated by putting the
disc in the cd player of the PC, the buttons don't show except for the
borders and if you click inside where the buttons are, I get this:

Error!
Could not open file

You tried to access the address file://localhost/photostudio/setup, which is
currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is
correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.

Please could anyone possibly help me out. I have done something rather
stupid I know but can not see it

Kindest regards,

James

Posted to uk.d-i-y

the_constructor coughed up some electrons that declared:

[...]

Two things - file names should probably have / not \ in this context.

And it seems that accessing a url /a/b/c is defaulting to
http://localhost/a/b/c

I suggest relative URLs so that browser should used the same base as the
html parent page, eg:

a href="photostudio/setup"img src="buttons/photostudio.jpg"
width="133" height="100" border="1" alt="photostudio"/a
a href="vlc/vlc-0.9.9-win32"img src="buttons/vlc.jpg" width="133"
height="100" border="1" alt="vlc"/a

Try that - see what happens...

Cheers

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25 June, 08:22, "the_constructor"
wrote:
[...]
Please could anyone possibly help me out. I have done something rather
stupid I know but can not see it

Posting to the correct newsgroup would be a start. Just a thought.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have in the root of the disc a file called autorun, contents being:

Might I suggest trying a nice little front-end menu util (free) called
PStart :-)

http://www.pegtop.net/start/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Edward" wrote in message
On 25 June, 08:22, "the_constructor"
wrote:
[...]
Please could anyone possibly help me out. I have done something rather
stupid I know but can not see it

Posting to the correct newsgroup would be a start. Just a thought.

Pray tell which one would you suggest.

Replies to questions on the ones I have been on before run by yanks aqre
just downright abusive

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Colin Wilson" o.uk wrote
in message ...
I have in the root of the disc a file called autorun, contents being:

Might I suggest trying a nice little front-end menu util (free) called
PStart :-)

http://www.pegtop.net/start/

Thank you so much, I will have a good look at this

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Might I suggest trying a nice little front-end menu util (free) called
PStart :-)
http://www.pegtop.net/start/

Thank you so much, I will have a good look at this

No probs - I use it as the front-end menu for one of my emergency
rescue CDs (I give them out like smarties to my colleagues) and have
the most commonly used stuff direct from the menu)

Perl Script to track UPS-Packages Ignoramus22443 Metalworking 25 August 17th 07 04:03 AM
Google Kill File script for Firefox Markem Woodworking 4 March 9th 07 02:51 PM
WRITING SURFACE FELT Bobby Woodworking 7 November 15th 06 12:28 PM
Simple math in shell script Dallman Ross Home Repair 4 February 16th 06 01:05 AM
LEATHER-TOP WRITING DESK J T Woodworking 2 October 15th 04 05:20 PM