J Rogers

Default Help! BMJ Power alternative

Hi
I have a Kress SDS drill which has a damaged gearbox, not hammering as it
should though drilling fine.
I have always dealt with my local BMJ Power outlet which has served me well.
However it now seemes to be closed down and I am told they have gone bust.
Can anyone recomend an alternative source for a gearbox and a replacement
for BMJ?
I am in Wiltshire.

Regards
John

BillR

J Rogers wrote:
Hi
I have a Kress SDS drill which has a damaged gearbox, not hammering
as it should though drilling fine.
I have always dealt with my local BMJ Power outlet which has served
me well. However it now seemes to be closed down and I am told they
have gone bust. Can anyone recomend an alternative source for a
gearbox and a replacement for BMJ?
I am in Wiltshire.

Regards
John

For B&D and their other brandnames e.g. DeWalt I found a spares outlet on
the B&D UK website.
Its possible that one of those may have spares for yours because when I went
in they had all sorts of other brands.. Mine was in North Baddesley.

scabby dug

" J Rogers" wrote in message
Hi
I have a Kress SDS drill which has a damaged gearbox, not hammering as it
should though drilling fine.
I have always dealt with my local BMJ Power outlet which has served me

well.
However it now seemes to be closed down and I am told they have gone bust.
Can anyone recomend an alternative source for a gearbox and a replacement
for BMJ?
I am in Wiltshire.

Regards
John

Where I work we used to deal with BMJ in Glasgow for any B&D repairs or
spares, usually no problem but since they went bust the repair agent who
took over in Scotland has been less than useless.
We are B&D agents but we can't find anyone reliable to attend to warranty
repairs.
Quite frankly I wouldn't advise B&D diy tools to anyone for this very
reason.

IMM

"scabby dug" wrote in message

" J Rogers" wrote in message
[...]

BMJ also repaired DeWalt (B&D in yellow)

---

mike

" J Rogers" wrote in message ...
Hi
I have a Kress SDS drill which has a damaged gearbox, not hammering as it
should though drilling fine.
I have always dealt with my local BMJ Power outlet which has served me well.
However it now seemes to be closed down and I am told they have gone bust.
Can anyone recomend an alternative source for a gearbox and a replacement
for BMJ?
I am in Wiltshire.

Regards
John

Try one of these:

(1) Contact Kress direct, and ask them for their UK service agents
contact details. E-mail and phone number are on the website:
http://www.kress-elektrik.de/en/index.php

(2) Go to the website, find the parts you want, and the UK service
agent will email you back a quote.

(3) Call your local Wickes and ask them for the contact details of
their service agents for the Kress tools they sell.

(4) Call Southampton 02380 494300. I bought a Kress drill from Wickes
a few weeks ago and a label with that phone number was stuck over the
old BMJ sevice helpline number.

HTH,

Mike

ski

I had/have the same problem but in the end bought a new one from Wickes as I
have had such good service from it even though I gave it a good hammering

" J Rogers" wrote in message
Hi
I have a Kress SDS drill which has a damaged gearbox, not hammering as it
should though drilling fine.
I have always dealt with my local BMJ Power outlet which has served me

well.
However it now seemes to be closed down and I am told they have gone bust.
Can anyone recomend an alternative source for a gearbox and a replacement
for BMJ?
I am in Wiltshire.

Regards
John

Power problems and how to find a good electrician? maddening UK diy 13 October 10th 03 02:18 PM
Supplying Power to a Garden Garage Frank UK diy 2 October 7th 03 02:37 PM
power flushing Andy Hall UK diy 4 September 9th 03 11:59 PM
Power to Garage and Shed/workshop Eric the Red UK diy 3 August 29th 03 06:22 PM
Power sockets in brick shed Andy Jeffries UK diy 9 July 31st 03 09:53 AM