Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Has Tool-Net folded ?

I put in an order with them 10 days ago and emailed yesterday to find
out why it hadn't appeared - phoned earlier today for no answer and
now the phone line doesn't ring.

Anyone know anything ? Only £40, but that's £40 !!!

Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

robgraham wrote:
I put in an order with them 10 days ago and emailed yesterday to find
out why it hadn't appeared - phoned earlier today for no answer and
now the phone line doesn't ring.

I posted my experiences with that shower of no-hopers in March 2007, and
concluded:-

"Shame, really, as they had some fair prices and screws in sizes and
quantities not easily found elsewhere, but it will take a small miracle
now to move them from the "never again" list."

They had their ISIS accreditation withdrawn, but continued to use the
logo till I complained to ISIS.

I need to find another supplier of things like BSF bolts and
chrome-plated BA and wood-screws.

--
Kevin Poole
****Use current date to reply (e.g. )****
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24 June, 19:20, Kevin Poole wrote:
robgraham wrote:
I put in an order with them 10 days ago and emailed yesterday to find
out why it hadn't appeared - phoned earlier today for no answer and
now the phone line doesn't ring.

I posted my experiences with that shower of no-hopers in March 2007, and
concluded:-

"Shame, really, as they had some fair prices and screws in sizes and
quantities not easily found elsewhere, but it will take a small miracle
now to move them from the "never again" list."

They had their ISIS accreditation withdrawn, but continued to use the
logo till I complained to ISIS.

I need to find another supplier of things like BSF bolts and
chrome-plated BA and wood-screws.

--
Kevin Poole
****Use current date to reply (e.g. )****

My current feeling is heading towards being much the same. It was a
case of wanting two particular items and they seemed to be the only
people who had them both. Looks as if I will just have to be patient,
particularly, as if to rub salt in the wound, they sent me a flier for
offers this afternoon.

Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

robgraham wrote:
I put in an order with them 10 days ago and emailed yesterday to find
out why it hadn't appeared - phoned earlier today for no answer and
now the phone line doesn't ring.

Anyone know anything ? Only £40, but that's £40 !!!

Tim S might know, they are in his part of the world.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman coughed up some electrons that declared:

robgraham wrote:
I put in an order with them 10 days ago and emailed yesterday to find
out why it hadn't appeared - phoned earlier today for no answer and
now the phone line doesn't ring.

Anyone know anything ? Only £40, but that's £40 !!!

Tim S might know, they are in his part of the world.

Longfield industrial estate, T Wells - OK, I'm there tomorrow getting some
plaster from Bodgit Quick or Wickes - I'll see if I can find them. They're
probably hiding in one of the offshoot sub estates where Fedex hide that I
normally never go.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

robgraham wrote:
I put in an order with them 10 days ago and emailed yesterday to find
out why it hadn't appeared - phoned earlier today for no answer and
now the phone line doesn't ring.

Anyone know anything ? *Only £40, but that's £40 !!!

Tim S might know, they are in his part of the world.

Longfield industrial estate, T Wells - OK, I'm there tomorrow getting some
plaster from Bodgit Quick or Wickes - I'll see if I can find them. They're
probably hiding in one of the offshoot sub estates where Fedex hide that I
normally never go.

Tim - if you really can be bothered, and I certainly would be totally
understanding if it's asking too much, but could you go in and chase
them about order number 375961. They are not answering either emails
or phone calls.

The address is Stag Trade Park, Longfield Road, TN2 3BF

Cheers
Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rob G coughed up some electrons that declared:

Tim - if you really can be bothered, and I certainly would be totally
understanding if it's asking too much, but could you go in and chase
them about order number 375961. They are not answering either emails
or phone calls.

The address is Stag Trade Park, Longfield Road, TN2 3BF

Cheers
Rob

Mystery solved. I get bits from Fixings and Power Tools Direct. They are
next to Stag Road.

Had a chat with the boss who I know in passing.

He confirmed that Tool-Net are a sister company and are alive. F&PTD are the
registered HO.

He said that at the moment, Tool-Net have one bloke trying to answer 4 lines
(didn't elaborate) - I don't know, maybe someone is sick or left?....

He apologised for your difficulties and said if you phone him directly he'll
see if he can sort it out for you.

He is:

Peter Ghosh, Branch Sales Manager, 01892 520000

HTH

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim S wrote:
He apologised for your difficulties and said if you phone him directly
he'll see if he can sort it out for you.

He is:

Peter Ghosh, Branch Sales Manager, 01892 520000

Only on uk.d-i-y could you get service like this. ;-)

--
*Nostalgia isn't what is used to be.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) coughed up some electrons that declared:

In article ,
Tim S wrote:
He apologised for your difficulties and said if you phone him directly
he'll see if he can sort it out for you.

He is:

Peter Ghosh, Branch Sales Manager, 01892 520000

Only on uk.d-i-y could you get service like this. ;-)

It was timely for me anyway - I ordered some stainless M6 studding to resin
bond my loo cisterns up with. They're hanging on celcon blockwork and to be
honest I don't trust any other mode of fixing for weighty items (plus it's
a bit easier to line up resin anchors).

Cheers

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25 June, 14:57, Tim S wrote:
[...]

Tim - that is brilliant; very many thanks indeed. I like to say that
I'm due you one, but as I'm near Edinburgh, the likelihoods of you
taking me up on that is somewhat sparse, but you never know ! I'll
phone him in the morning.

As Dave says, you only get service like that on UK DIY !

Much appreciated - thanks again for bothering

Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25 June, 17:27, Tim S wrote:
Rob G coughed up some electrons that declared:

As Dave says, you only get service like that on UK DIY !

Much appreciated *- thanks again for bothering

Rob

No worries

You're obvioulsy known, Tim - a useful man. All sorted - despite
their website saying they won't delay an order because of a missing
item, they did so.

Again many thanks
Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25 June, 17:27, Tim S wrote:
Rob G coughed up some electrons that declared:

As Dave says, you only get service like that on UK DIY !

Much appreciated *- thanks again for bothering

Rob

No worries

You're obvioulsy known, Tim - a useful man. All sorted - despite
their website saying they won't delay an order because of a missing
item, they did so.

Again many thanks
Rob

I haven't exactly spent a fortune there either

Peter just called me - to say my studding was in. He mentioned you. Glad to
hear it was sorted. Apparantly they are down on staff and HO are too scared
to employ more people right now as they are worried about the economy - bit
of a catch-22. Although one of those down is merely on holiday, so in a
week or two they will be running a bit more smoothly hopefully. He said the
poor bloke on his own was busting a gut trying to keep everything moving.

He was happy to hear that his intervention may cause some +ve - or at least
mitigate the -ve press on t'internet(!).

Cheers

Tim