Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacement lead for garden shredder

I have a garden shredder that I have lost the power lead for. It has
a 3 pin (circular) connector on it, with a lift up flap to insert the
lead. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement from?

Thanks,

Ian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ian Waddell wrote:
I have a garden shredder that I have lost the power lead for. It has
a 3 pin (circular) connector on it, with a lift up flap to insert the
lead. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement from?

Sounds like a caravan style mains adapter. Try caravan places.

Thanks,

Ian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher coughed up some electrons that declared:

Ian Waddell wrote:
I have a garden shredder that I have lost the power lead for. It has
a 3 pin (circular) connector on it, with a lift up flap to insert the
lead. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement from?

Sounds like a caravan style mains adapter. Try caravan places.

Thanks,

Ian

Good point.

OP: is it blue and about 1.5" diameter (from memory).

If so, might be a commando 16A industrial single phase 240V plug whcih IIRC
are the ones also used on caravans.

In which case, go to any electrical wholesaler and ask for the same in
flying socket format.

eg:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products...16slash3C.html

Does that look like a match?

Cheers

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 03:00:30 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be Ian
Waddell wrote this:-

I have a garden shredder that I have lost the power lead for. It has
a 3 pin (circular) connector on it,

Does it look something like
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/GW240slash16slash3A.html?

with a lift up flap to insert the lead.

There is a flap on the bit attached to the shredder? Doesn't sound
like one of the above, as with those the flap would be on the bit
attached to the lead.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Waddell wrote this:-

I have a garden shredder that I have lost the power lead for. It has
a 3 pin (circular) connector on it,

Does it look something like
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/GW240slash16slash3A.html?

with a lift up flap to insert the lead.

There is a flap on the bit attached to the shredder? Doesn't sound
like one of the above, as with those the flap would be on the bit
attached to the lead.

No. The plugs are shuttered on those, not the sockets.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
Ian Waddell wrote:
I have a garden shredder that I have lost the power lead for. It has
a 3 pin (circular) connector on it, with a lift up flap to insert the
lead. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement from?

What colour is the connector?

--
*Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ian Waddell wrote:
I have a garden shredder that I have lost the power lead for. It has
a 3 pin (circular) connector on it, with a lift up flap to insert the
lead. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement from?

What make is it? It sounds like an Alko to me, so how about this:

http://www.eparkmowers.com/product_1...5&ProdCatID=23
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cod Roe wrote:
Ian Waddell wrote:
I have a garden shredder that I have lost the power lead for. It has
a 3 pin (circular) connector on it, with a lift up flap to insert the
lead. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement from?

What make is it? It sounds like an Alko to me, so how about this:

http://www.eparkmowers.com/product_1...5&ProdCatID=23

If you or savvy friends are holidaying in Europe, you can get the
connectors in the Sheds in France and possibly other European countries.

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Cod Roe wrote:
Ian Waddell wrote:
I have a garden shredder that I have lost the power lead for. It has
a 3 pin (circular) connector on it, with a lift up flap to insert the
lead. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement from?

What make is it? It sounds like an Alko to me, so how about this:

http://www.eparkmowers.com/product_1...5&ProdCatID=23

Think your publicity has broken the site. ;-)

--
*If you think this van is dirty, you should try having sex with the driver*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) coughed up some electrons that declared:

In article ,
Cod Roe wrote:
Ian Waddell wrote:
I have a garden shredder that I have lost the power lead for. It has
a 3 pin (circular) connector on it, with a lift up flap to insert the
lead. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement from?

What make is it? It sounds like an Alko to me, so how about this:

http://www.eparkmowers.com/product_1...5&ProdCatID=23

Think your publicity has broken the site. ;-)

Worked for me

So (and the picture is far from clear) - does that lead have a flying Shucko
socket on? Never seen one of those before...

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ian Waddell coughed up some electrons that declared:

Cod Roe wrote:
Ian Waddell wrote:
I have a garden shredder that I have lost the power lead for. *It
has a 3 pin (circular) connector on it, with a lift up flap to
insert the lead. *Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement
from?

What make is it? *It sounds like an Alko to me, so how about this:

http://www.eparkmowers.com/product_1...5&ProdCatID=23

Think your publicity has broken the site. ;-)

Worked for me

So (and the picture is far from clear) - does that lead have a flying
Shucko socket on? Never seen one of those before...

Tim

Hi chaps - on closer inspection, it is in fact a 2 pin connection on
the shredder. I have looked in Homebase and the shredder that most
looks like it is a Sovereign - although I'm not sure if that's the
right make or not.

Does this make finding a replacement lead any easier?

Ian

Sounds like a bog standard mower lead - 5mm ish pins about 20mm apart?

Buy a lead from B&Q - if it's wrong, take it back in mint condition and they
should give you a refund (ask first).

HTH

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cod Roe wrote:
Ian Waddell wrote:
[...]

Tim- Hide quoted text -

It's circular rather than retangular like mower sockets are....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 25, 4:47*pm, Ian Waddell wrote:
On 25 June, 14:49, Tim S wrote:

If it's the same as a Champion/Artika/BioLine shredder (big chunky
round plug with two round pins), then the phone number for the spares
dept. from the instruction manual is 01889 565155. That's the service
agents, Trenchex Power Products, Uttoxeter.

Their website is:

http://www.lawn-king.co.uk/

HTH.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25 June, 14:49, Tim S wrote:

If it's the same as a Champion/Artika/BioLine shredder *(big chunky
round plug with two round pins), then the phone number for the spares
dept. from the instruction manual is 01889 565155. That's the service
agents, Trenchex Power Products, Uttoxeter.

Their website is:

http://www.lawn-king.co.uk/

HTH.

Yes, that's the one! Thank you so much.