Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Nearly OT....Hollihocks!

Almost a DIY question.

Can anyone shed light on the reason my Hollyhocks appear a different colour
every year?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18 June, 18:38, "R" wrote:
Almost a DIY question.

Can anyone shed light on the reason my Hollyhocks appear a different colour
every year?

Hollyhocks can be biennial, so it's probably because they're different
plants or a mixture of some in their second year and some new ones.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , R
writes
Almost a DIY question.

Can anyone shed light on the reason my Hollyhocks appear a different colour
every year?

Pixies with wax crayons ...

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

R wrote:
Almost a DIY question.

Can anyone shed light on the reason my Hollyhocks appear a different colour
every year?

There are many answers to hollyhock questions he

http://www.ext.nodak.edu/extnews/hortiscope/flowers/hllyhock.htm

Including quite a few I would never have dreamt of asking!

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

R wrote:
Almost a DIY question.

Can anyone shed light on the reason my Hollyhocks appear a different
colour every year?

Don't watch it much, but I suggest you adjust your TV colour balance. That
Lydia is well fit.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R" wrote in message
Almost a DIY question.

Can anyone shed light on the reason my Hollyhocks appear a different
colour every year?

I'm inclined to agree with lino expert.
You might post your msg in uk.rec.gardening
This may be in their field. No pun intended.
There is much wisdom to be found there.
Good luck,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , R
writes
Almost a DIY question.

Can anyone shed light on the reason my Hollyhocks appear a different
colour
every year?

Pixies with wax crayons ...

Nah.............The dog would eat em.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nicholas" wrote in message

"R" wrote in message
Almost a DIY question.

Can anyone shed light on the reason my Hollyhocks appear a different
colour every year?

I'm inclined to agree with lino expert.
You might post your msg in uk.rec.gardening
This may be in their field. No pun intended.
There is much wisdom to be found there.
Good luck,

I chucked uk.gardening into the newserver and got f**kall.........I'll try
the full text. Ta for the link so to speak.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Owain" wrote in message
news
R wrote:
Pixies with wax crayons ...

Nah.............The dog would eat em.

Would that give them coloured ****?

Almost,

Spekly coloured bits in poo

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lino expert" wrote in message
On 18 June, 18:38, "R" wrote:
Almost a DIY question.

Can anyone shed light on the reason my Hollyhocks appear a different
colour
every year?

Hollyhocks can be biennial, so it's probably because they're different
plants or a mixture of some in their second year and some new ones.

Round here there is only one colour for 'hollihocks': rust!