Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to save a table?

"Kaptain Kremin" wrote in message
om...
Daughter sat down to an Indian takeaway at her recently purchased dining
table.

When they'd finished, she began to clear away and discovered that the
heat/grease from the meal had caused transfer from ( I guess ) the
delivery label on the bag, on to the table.

See pics at www.ljt.me.uk

She has tried various substances from soap and water to white spirit to
shift it but, so far, with little effect.

Table is a laminate of some sort.

Any thoughts on how to rescue the table ( and stop her being such a stupid
cow in future )?

Tim Clean

Not necessarily from overclock but it was the first link I came across :
http://www.overclock.co.uk/product/A...aner_1810.html

It is a harmless citrus cleaner. I originally bought it for cleaning thermal
compound off a cpu, but since then found it cleans absolutely everything.
My wife uses it constantly.

Steven.

See pics at www.ljt.me.uk

She has tried various substances from soap and water to white spirit to
shift it but, so far, with little effect.

Table is a laminate of some sort.

Any thoughts on how to rescue the table ( and stop her being such a
stupid cow in future )?

Tim Clean

Not necessarily from overclock but it was the first link I came across :
http://www.overclock.co.uk/product/A...aner_1810.html

It is a harmless citrus cleaner. I originally bought it for cleaning
thermal compound off a cpu, but since then found it cleans absolutely
everything.
My wife uses it constantly.

I have some permatex fast orange hand cleaner (from asda or lidl) that I
have used to remove stuff from varnished wood and laminates before.
It feels slightly abrasive but I think they are softish bits and don't
scratch the surface AFAICS.

It uses citrus in its formulation.

Steven.

How to save a table? Calvin Sambrook UK diy 0 June 18th 09 08:06 AM
How to save a table? Calvin Sambrook UK diy 0 June 17th 09 10:12 PM
How to save a table? The Medway Handyman UK diy 0 June 17th 09 09:23 PM
How to save a table? NT[_2_] UK diy 0 June 17th 09 04:17 PM
Save use of table saw Ed Pawlowski Woodworking Plans and Photos 6 January 24th 09 12:09 AM