Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Totally OT / graphics card

Daughtmonsters XP3 with radeon x600 series.

Games have all hit graphics problems. Desktop, films etc all ok

I reset ATI to factory settings

An error message then said "recovery has reset graphics accelerator as it
did not respond to driver commands"

Tried redownloading driver same effect

Am I looking at a new graphics card?

Many thanks

Peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jb Jb is offline

"Peter" wrote in message
Daughtmonsters XP3 with radeon x600 series.

Games have all hit graphics problems. Desktop, films etc all ok

I reset ATI to factory settings

An error message then said "recovery has reset graphics accelerator as it
did not respond to driver commands"

Tried redownloading driver same effect

Am I looking at a new graphics card?

Many thanks

Peter
Probably. The x600 is old technology as far as gaming is concerned (Under
£20 on E Bay) so I doubt if it meets the minimum spec for the game you are
trying to play. Fine for it's intended purpose, general work etc but
gaming? that's a whole world of difference. look in the games booklet for
min spec.

Jb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Jb
writes
"Peter" wrote in message
Daughtmonsters XP3 with radeon x600 series.

Games have all hit graphics problems. Desktop, films etc all ok

I reset ATI to factory settings

An error message then said "recovery has reset graphics accelerator as it
did not respond to driver commands"

Tried redownloading driver same effect

Am I looking at a new graphics card?

Many thanks

Peter
Probably. The x600 is old technology as far as gaming is concerned (Under
£20 on E Bay) so I doubt if it meets the minimum spec for the game you are
trying to play. Fine for it's intended purpose, general work etc but
gaming? that's a whole world of difference. look in the games booklet for
min spec.

OK then,

I have a HD4870 graphics card and I installed win7 at the weekend and
have a dual boot with XP

since then, I have lost 2.5cm to the left and right of my 24" monitor
despite having updated the drivers in both XP and Win7

The picture on the 2nd display (a 46" LED TV doesn't seem to be affected

I have run out of tweaks

Aunty Marge, please help

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

since then, I have lost 2.5cm to the left and right of my 24" monitor
despite having updated the drivers in both XP and Win7

It's a long shot, but has the refresh rate changed - you might find
that tweaking that might resolve the problem (I see a "shift" between
the output of windows and linux using the same hardware as dual boot)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
OK then,

I have a HD4870 graphics card and I installed win7 at the weekend and
have a dual boot with XP

since then, I have lost 2.5cm to the left and right of my 24" monitor
despite having updated the drivers in both XP and Win7

The picture on the 2nd display (a 46" LED TV doesn't seem to be affected

I have run out of tweaks

Aunty Marge, please help

HDMI or VGA connection? What kind of monitor? What resolution is it
set to?

Andy