DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   urine smell / removal (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/279814-urine-smell-removal.html)

Colin Wilson June 6th 09 04:50 PM

urine smell / removal

ISTR someone mentioned a product a while ago for removing a urine
smell - around the bog in our new house stinks quite badly, and could
do with something to tame the smell :-}

Can anyone remember what it was perchance ? - I think it was an
"industrial strength" as used for public loos, wonder whether it'd be
safe on floorboards...

TIA :-}

The Medway Handyman June 6th 09 05:03 PM

urine smell / removal

Colin Wilson wrote:
ISTR someone mentioned a product a while ago for removing a urine
smell - around the bog in our new house stinks quite badly, and could
do with something to tame the smell :-}

Can anyone remember what it was perchance ? - I think it was an
"industrial strength" as used for public loos, wonder whether it'd be
safe on floorboards...

Prochem Urine Neutraliser
http://www.prochem.co.uk/deodorisers...sanitizers.htm

Look up Janitorial Supplies in YP, most stock it. Around £6 for a litre,
with which you could deodorise several houses.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

[email protected] June 6th 09 06:08 PM

urine smell / removal

Prochem Urine Neutraliserhttp://www.prochem.co.uk/deodorisers,_odour_neutralisers_&_sanitizers...

Look up Janitorial Supplies in YP, most stock it. *Around £6 for a litre,
with which you could deodorise several houses.

I wonder if it works for cats' pee.

The Medway Handyman June 6th 09 07:36 PM

urine smell / removal

wrote:
Colin Wilson wrote:
ISTR someone mentioned a product a while ago for removing a urine
smell - around the bog in our new house stinks quite badly, and
could do with something to tame the smell :-}

Can anyone remember what it was perchance ? - I think it was an
"industrial strength" as used for public loos, wonder whether it'd
be safe on floorboards...

Prochem Urine
Neutraliserhttp://www.prochem.co.uk/deodorisers,_odour_neutralisers_&_sanitizers...

Look up Janitorial Supplies in YP, most stock it. Around £6 for a
litre,
with which you could deodorise several houses.

I wonder if it works for cats' pee.

IME it does, you might need more than one application though.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Colin Wilson June 6th 09 08:32 PM

urine smell / removal

Prochem Urine Neutraliser
http://www.prochem.co.uk/deodorisers...sanitizers.htm

That sounds like the one I was thinking of - thanks :-)

Look up Janitorial Supplies in YP, most stock it. Around £6 for a litre,
with which you could deodorise several houses.

YP ?

Lino expert June 6th 09 08:36 PM

urine smell / removal

On 6 June, 20:32, Colin Wilson
o.uk wrote:
Prochem Urine Neutraliser
http://www.prochem.co.uk/deodorisers...s_&_sanitizers...

That sounds like the one I was thinking of - thanks :-)

Look up Janitorial Supplies in YP, most stock it. *Around £6 for a litre,
with which you could deodorise several houses.

YP ?

Yellow pages.

clot June 6th 09 11:52 PM

urine smell / removal

Colin Wilson wrote:
Prochem Urine Neutraliser
http://www.prochem.co.uk/deodorisers...sanitizers.htm

That sounds like the one I was thinking of - thanks :-)

Look up Janitorial Supplies in YP, most stock it. Around £6 for a
litre, with which you could deodorise several houses.

YP ?

Crickey, tell them Biggles.

Stuart B[_4_] June 7th 09 02:04 AM

urine smell / removal

On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 20:32:30 +0100, Colin Wilson
o.uk wrote:

Prochem Urine Neutraliser
http://www.prochem.co.uk/deodorisers...sanitizers.htm

That sounds like the one I was thinking of - thanks :-)

Look up Janitorial Supplies in YP, most stock it. Around £6 for a litre,
with which you could deodorise several houses.

YP ?

Yellow P

--------------
Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address
but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should be disregarded .
Remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail

The Natural Philosopher[_2_] June 7th 09 07:40 AM

urine smell / removal

o.uk wrote:

Prochem Urine Neutraliser
http://www.prochem.co.uk/deodorisers...sanitizers.htm

That sounds like the one I was thinking of - thanks :-)

Look up Janitorial Supplies in YP, most stock it. Around £6 for a litre,
with which you could deodorise several houses.

YP ?

Yellow P

Yellow Pee.

--------------

Pete Zahut June 7th 09 10:48 AM

urine smell / removal

Colin Wilson wrote:
ISTR someone mentioned a product a while ago for removing a urine
smell - around the bog in our new house stinks quite badly, and could
do with something to tame the smell :-}

Can anyone remember what it was perchance ? - I think it was an
"industrial strength" as used for public loos, wonder whether it'd be
safe on floorboards...

TIA :-}

In Germany they're trying to encourage guys to sit down to pee and, for
medical reasons I've been doing that for years. Certainly works - no more
stinky floorboards.

Bill June 7th 09 01:28 PM

urine smell / removal

In message , Chris Hogg
writes
Have you tried simple dilute bleach applied with a hand spray? Works a
treat for cats' pee.

Providing you can catch up with them, all the ones around here have
started to run when they see the spray approaching.

:-)
--
Bill

David June 7th 09 02:31 PM

urine smell / removal

On 7 June, 11:08, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 16:50:11 +0100, Colin Wilson

o.uk wrote:
ISTR someone mentioned a product a while ago for removing a urine
smell - around the bog in our new house stinks quite badly, and could
do with something to tame the smell :-}

Can anyone remember what it was perchance ? - I think it was an
"industrial strength" as used for public loos, wonder whether it'd be
safe on floorboards...

TIA :-}

Have you tried simple dilute bleach applied with a hand spray? Works a
treat for cats' pee.

--

Chris

That's the only thing that worked when the cat peed on the carpet in
my Mum's room, luckily the carpet was bleach cleanable.

Steve Walker June 7th 09 03:36 PM

urine smell / removal

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Colin Wilson wrote:
ISTR someone mentioned a product a while ago for removing a urine
smell - around the bog in our new house stinks quite badly, and could
do with something to tame the smell :-}

Can anyone remember what it was perchance ? - I think it was an
"industrial strength" as used for public loos, wonder whether it'd be
safe on floorboards...

Prochem Urine Neutraliser
http://www.prochem.co.uk/deodorisers...sanitizers.htm

"Yellow tinted liquid with fresh fragrance"

Yellow.....?

geoff June 8th 09 10:48 PM

urine smell / removal

In message ,
writes
Thus spake Chris Hogg ) unto the assembled multitudes:

In Germany they're trying to encourage guys to sit down to pee and, for
medical reasons I've been doing that for years. Certainly works - no more
stinky floorboards.

Reminds me of the notice I once saw in a hotel toilet. "Our aim is to
keep this toilet clean. Yours will help"

And one in my bowling club loo:

"If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweet and wipe the seat"

I always liked the (slightly OT) german one

Please don't throw your cigarette butts in the urinal, I don't **** in
your ashtray

(loses a bit in the translation)

--