Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ideas for toilet room drainage

Toilet room is small (3 feet x 4 feet), back to wall loo and corner
wash basin.
The back to wall toilet is against a solid wall, so I need a vertical
outlet toilet going straight into the floor (which is being relayed
with drainage etc). I also need drainage for a basin in the opposite
corner of the room. The arrangement means that a pan connector with
basin waste connection is not suitable. I know you can have a WC or
stub stack without ventilation if connected to a vented drain and the
floor to invert is less than 1.3m. No probs there.

But would it be OK to have two drain connections under the floor in
close proximity, one direct to a toilet (rest bend etc.), and another
to a 32mm basin waste. For the basin, there would effectively be a
stub stack under the floor with 32mm waste disappearing into the
floor. A stub stack rising through the floor would look insightly in
such a small room.

Thanks,
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 1 June, 09:15, sm_jamieson wrote:

The back to wall toilet is against a solid wall, so I need a vertical
outlet toilet going straight into the floor (which is being relayed
with drainage etc). I also need drainage for a basin in the opposite
corner of the room.

The Japanese favour neat little washbasin / cistern combos, with
drainage into the main pan. Anyone have a UK source for these, as
they'd be just the ticket for fitting a basin into my Victorian
outside loo.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 1 June, 10:56, Andy Dingley wrote:
On 1 June, 09:15, sm_jamieson wrote:

The back to wall toilet is against a solid wall, so I need a vertical
outlet toilet going straight into the floor (which is being relayed
with drainage etc). I also need drainage for a basin in the opposite
corner of the room.

The Japanese favour neat little washbasin / cistern combos, with
drainage into the main pan. Anyone have a UK source for these, as
they'd be just the ticket for fitting a basin into my Victorian
outside loo.

Any pictures ?
Seems to me twould be a pain on the back to lean over the cistern to
wash one's hands.
Why not wash your hands in the loo after the flush has completed. In
fact whilst it is ongoing, you get a good rinse ! Chance is you have a
long drop pipe. My mum's old outside loo could flush a cat (not that I
tried).

I guess I can put in a stub stack that is just through the floor and
basically covered by the screed or a floor covering that can be
removed.
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On 1 June, 09:15, sm_jamieson wrote:

The back to wall toilet is against a solid wall, so I need a vertical
outlet toilet going straight into the floor (which is being relayed
with drainage etc). I also need drainage for a basin in the opposite
corner of the room.

The Japanese favour neat little washbasin / cistern combos, with
drainage into the main pan. Anyone have a UK source for these, as
they'd be just the ticket for fitting a basin into my Victorian
outside loo.

I looked and looked but couldn't find one. All I found was a US penitentiary
s/steel combo unit designed to withstand being hit by a truck for felon's
cells.

I too have a [used to be outside] loo that has no room for a basin. You used
to be able to get ones that were sunk completely into a wall but I couldn't
find those either, plus drainage is a problem (solved in the toilet unit).

Let us know if you find one!

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)