Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Trendy decor at The Barbican

Couldn't help noticing last night that in "Europe's premier arts centre"
the flooring consists of crosscut 4" x 2" softwood, including the burn
marks where the resin has melted on the saw blade. If I laid that in my
work room I'd be ashamed.
The walls are distressed concrete which look as though someone has tried
to demolish them with an sds and given up.
And a pint of San Miguel is £7.
I knew I should have stayed at home.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31 May, 10:49, Stuart Noble wrote:
Couldn't help noticing last night that in "Europe's premier arts centre"
the flooring consists of crosscut 4" x 2" softwood, including the burn
marks where the resin has melted on the saw blade. If I laid that in my
work room I'd be ashamed.
The walls are distressed concrete which look as though someone has tried
to demolish them with an sds and given up.
And a pint of San Miguel is £7.
I knew I should have stayed at home.

"Trendy" is pushing it a bit - it was done it 1971.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Stuart Noble writes:
Couldn't help noticing last night that in "Europe's premier arts centre"
the flooring consists of crosscut 4" x 2" softwood, including the burn
marks where the resin has melted on the saw blade. If I laid that in my
work room I'd be ashamed.
The walls are distressed concrete which look as though someone has tried
to demolish them with an sds and given up.
And a pint of San Miguel is £7.
I knew I should have stayed at home.

I haven't need there for some time, but it always struck me that
they must have run out of money just after pouring the concrete.

--
Andrew Gabriel