Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Stage backdrop - metallic ribbon strips?

I'm trying to source a backdrop for a stage,
The metallic strips that run ceiling to floor, shiney metallic
Can't seem to get the google words right, nothing is coming up
Backdrop, stage, party wall, nothing

Anyone have any ideas what its called?
--
Vass
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Vass wrote:
I'm trying to source a backdrop for a stage,
The metallic strips that run ceiling to floor, shiney metallic
Can't seem to get the google words right, nothing is coming up
Backdrop, stage, party wall, nothing

Anyone have any ideas what its called?

Try slash drapes.

--
*The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 24, 9:53 pm, "Vass" wrote:
I'm trying to source a backdrop for a stage,
The metallic strips that run ceiling to floor, shiney metallic
Can't seem to get the google words right, nothing is coming up
Backdrop, stage, party wall, nothing

Anyone have any ideas what its called?

How about mirror curtain?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vass wrote:
I'm trying to source a backdrop for a stage, The metallic strips that
run ceiling to floor, shiney metallic
Can't seem to get the google words right, nothing is coming up
Backdrop, stage, party wall, nothing

Anyone have any ideas what its called?

It's called "slash" and you can get it from any theatrical supplier.

http://www.10outof10.co.uk/acatalog/...d_curtain.html

http://www.flints.co.uk/acatalog/Bud...ains_2.4m.html

HTH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Osborne" wrote in message
Vass wrote:
I'm trying to source a backdrop for a stage, The metallic strips that run
ceiling to floor, shiney metallic
Can't seem to get the google words right, nothing is coming up
Backdrop, stage, party wall, nothing

Anyone have any ideas what its called?

It's called "slash" and you can get it from any theatrical supplier.

http://www.10outof10.co.uk/acatalog/...d_curtain.html

http://www.flints.co.uk/acatalog/Bud...ains_2.4m.html

HTH

uk.d-i-y comes good yet again!
many thanks all
--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Vass wrote:
I'm trying to source a backdrop for a stage, The metallic strips that
run ceiling to floor, shiney metallic
Can't seem to get the google words right, nothing is coming up
Backdrop, stage, party wall, nothing

Anyone have any ideas what its called?

metallized mylar?

or metallised Polyester
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Donwill writes
Vass wrote:
I'm trying to source a backdrop for a stage, The metallic strips
that run ceiling to floor, shiney metallic
Can't seem to get the google words right, nothing is coming up
Backdrop, stage, party wall, nothing

Anyone have any ideas what its called?

metallized mylar?

or metallised Polyester