Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default my clamps have come in handy

to hold my spoon !
http://www.flickr.com/photos/canon-eos/3532882161/
--
Vass
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vass coughed up some electrons that declared:

to hold my spoon !
http://www.flickr.com/photos/canon-eos/3532882161/

Deeply cool photo.

How you drank the cream in celebration :¬
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 May, 00:07, Tim S wrote:
Vass coughed up some electrons that declared:

to hold my spoon !
http://www.flickr.com/photos/canon-eos/3532882161/

Deeply cool photo.

How you drank the cream in celebration :¬

Well done for putting some of the others up too - fascinating
collection, but it must have been a bit messy. Knowing how far milk
goes when you spill it - jug falling out of the fridge, etc,, how did
you keep it off the camera ?

Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rob G" wrote in message
On 16 May, 00:07, Tim S wrote:
Vass coughed up some electrons that declared:

to hold my spoon !
http://www.flickr.com/photos/canon-eos/3532882161/

Deeply cool photo.

How you drank the cream in celebration :¬

Well done for putting some of the others up too - fascinating
collection, but it must have been a bit messy. Knowing how far milk
goes when you spill it - jug falling out of the fridge, etc,, how did
you keep it off the camera ?

thanks for the nice comments
It was Double Cream, a bit thicker and less messy
--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 16, 12:02*am, "Vass" wrote:
to hold my spoon !http://www.flickr.com/photos/canon-eos/3532882161/
--
Vass

great photos. I'd love to some of these taken as stereo pairs for 3D
viewing.

Robert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Vass" wrote in message
to hold my spoon !
http://www.flickr.com/photos/canon-eos/3532882161/
--
Vass

I used to take pictures like that when I was at school, I took
some of a pellet emerging from the barrel of an air-gun
with a 35mm SLR, shutter set to "B" small aperture, dim
lighting, and a flash with a home-made sound trigger.

How do you go about doing this with a digital camera?
Is there an equivalent of the "B" setting?
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. coughed up some electrons that declared:

"Vass" wrote in message
to hold my spoon !
http://www.flickr.com/photos/canon-eos/3532882161/
--
Vass

I used to take pictures like that when I was at school, I took
some of a pellet emerging from the barrel of an air-gun
with a 35mm SLR, shutter set to "B" small aperture, dim
lighting, and a flash with a home-made sound trigger.

How do you go about doing this with a digital camera?
Is there an equivalent of the "B" setting?

My old Canon Powershot will hold open for 15 seconds - that's probably the
best the can be hoped for until you get higer end.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vass wrote:
to hold my spoon !
http://www.flickr.com/photos/canon-eos/3532882161/

Nice! ;-)

Dumb question - what is a "PAN meet"?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dmc dmc is offline

In article ,
Graham. wrote:

How do you go about doing this with a digital camera?
Is there an equivalent of the "B" setting?

Yeah, it's the bulb setting

Certainly on canon digital SLRs you just set the shutter speed to Bulb and
it's just the same. I presume others have the same.

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dmc wrote:
In article ,
Graham. wrote:
How do you go about doing this with a digital camera?
Is there an equivalent of the "B" setting?

Yeah, it's the bulb setting

Certainly on canon digital SLRs you just set the shutter speed to Bulb and
it's just the same. I presume others have the same.

Darren

Certainly my Nikon D70 has.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
Vass wrote:
to hold my spoon !
http://www.flickr.com/photos/canon-eos/3532882161/

Nice! ;-)

Dumb question - what is a "PAN meet"?

--
Cheers,

John.

If it's in a B&W film context, it means panchromatic Ie. the stuff you
have to handle in the darkroom in total darkness (nearly all modern film)

Film commonly used to be orthochromatic and was blind to red light
so it could be handled in the darkroom under a red safelight
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
Vass wrote:
to hold my spoon !
http://www.flickr.com/photos/canon-eos/3532882161/

Nice! ;-)

Dumb question - what is a "PAN meet"?

Portsmouth At Night, a huge group of like minded urban photographers that
like to shoot at night.
www.portsmouthatnight.com
--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 May, 19:31, (dmc) wrote:
In article ,

Graham. wrote:

How do you go about doing this with a digital camera?
Is there an equivalent of the "B" setting?

Yeah, it's the bulb setting

Certainly on canon digital SLRs you just set the shutter speed to Bulb and
it's just the same. I presume others have the same.

Darren

I've never tried it but even my sub compact Panasonic digital has a
Starry Sky setting in which there is the option of 15, 30 or 60 second
shutter speed.

Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vass wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
Vass wrote:
to hold my spoon !
http://www.flickr.com/photos/canon-eos/3532882161/

Nice! ;-)

Dumb question - what is a "PAN meet"?

Portsmouth At Night, a huge group of like minded urban photographers
that like to shoot at night.
www.portsmouthatnight.com

Yup, I answered my own question by wandering through a few more pages of
your photos on flickr - one had a title that gave the game away.

Some very impressive shots there may I say!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Vass wrote:
Dumb question - what is a "PAN meet"?

Portsmouth At Night, a huge group of like minded urban photographers that
like to shoot at night.
www.portsmouthatnight.com

Yup, I answered my own question by wandering through a few more pages of
your photos on flickr - one had a title that gave the game away.

Some very impressive shots there may I say!

Cheers John, apprecaite the comment
--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Portsmouth At Night, a huge group of like minded urban photographers
that like to shoot at night.
www.portsmouthatnight.com

Yup, I answered my own question by wandering through a few more pages of
your photos on flickr - one had a title that gave the game away.

Some very impressive shots there may I say!

Impressive? Did you see the "first venture into portraits....."? Work
of a natural genius I reckon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vass wrote:
to hold my spoon !
http://www.flickr.com/photos/canon-eos/3532882161/

Nice! ;-)

Dumb question - what is a "PAN meet"?

--
Cheers,

John.

If it's in a B&W film context, it means panchromatic Ie. the stuff you
have to handle in the darkroom in total darkness (nearly all modern film)

Film commonly used to be orthochromatic and was blind to red light
so it could be handled in the darkroom under a red safelight

Looks like I gave you a dumb answer!

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry" wrote in message
Portsmouth At Night, a huge group of like minded urban photographers
that like to shoot at night.
www.portsmouthatnight.com

Yup, I answered my own question by wandering through a few more pages of
your photos on flickr - one had a title that gave the game away.

Some very impressive shots there may I say!

Impressive? Did you see the "first venture into portraits....."? Work
of a natural genius I reckon.

wow, thank you very much
--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 19, 10:28*am, "Vass" wrote:
"Harry" wrote in message

Portsmouth At Night, a huge group of like minded urban photographers
that like to shoot at night.
www.portsmouthatnight.com

Yup, I answered my own question by wandering through a few more pages of
your photos on flickr - one had a title that gave the game away.

Some very impressive shots there may I say!

Impressive? Did you see the "first venture into portraits....."? Work
of a natural genius I reckon.

wow, thank you very much

Yes, some very good stuff there. I dont know whether you'd like a
couple to go on the wiki, eg the lightbulb & phono plug shots?

NT