Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default concrete base levelling

I am replacing my garage & the concrete base is not particularly level
& has a few cracks, is there any type of thin screed that will level
it off & give me a strong level surface to start on?

Any advice or option appreciated

Ta
DD
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dirt dibbler" wrote in message
I am replacing my garage & the concrete base is not particularly

level
& has a few cracks, is there any type of thin screed that will

level
it off & give me a strong level surface to start on?

Any advice or option appreciated

Ta
DD

I'm sorry to say that the only real solution is to break it up, and
cast another one, having fully compacted the rubble left from the old
one. I've had to do this on the bases of several buildings on the farm
here where a previous owner had skimped both on preparation and
quality of concrete. This has lead me to standardise on 6" thick slabs
of C45 concrete with entrained fibres and 6mm x 150mm mesh
reinforcement - it's not cheap but it should last! Laid 82 cuMetres so
far !

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dirt dibbler wrote:
I am replacing my garage & the concrete base is not particularly level
& has a few cracks, is there any type of thin screed that will level
it off & give me a strong level surface to start on?

Any advice or option appreciated

Ta
DD

floor levelling compound can get you a level surface, but its not
going to make the slab strong! It would only be suitable for a
building type that doesnt mind some slab movement/breakup, eg timber
frame.

NT

Levelling concrete floor tvmo UK diy 40 July 1st 08 04:10 AM
reccomend a self levelling screed for concrete floor dog-man UK diy 3 November 14th 06 12:57 AM
Self-Levelling Concrete [email protected] UK diy 1 July 20th 05 11:00 AM
levelling a concrete floor in2minds UK diy 2 January 30th 05 11:54 AM
Repair Holes and Levelling a Concrete Floor JJC001 UK diy 6 April 29th 04 10:17 PM