Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default MTD ride on - sorted!

Just want to say thanks for the ideas and suggestions and to say I
think I now have it all sorted.

The seat is interlocked to the ignition, as is the reverse when the
cutter is down and the start unless the brake is on and the cutter
fully raised. Which makes it a bit of a pain to reverse a yard, having
to raise cutter to select reverse.

The one thing which makes it really awkward is the brake cum clutch
pedal on the left. It is a very long reach forward and just about
reachable with the left toes and I cannot see any obvious means to
adjust its position. 6' 6" friend also even finds it a bit of a reach.

Other than that everything is fine.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Just want to say thanks for the ideas and suggestions and to say I think
I now have it all sorted.

The seat is interlocked to the ignition, as is the reverse when the
cutter is down and the start unless the brake is on and the cutter fully
raised. Which makes it a bit of a pain to reverse a yard, having to
raise cutter to select reverse.

The one thing which makes it really awkward is the brake cum clutch
pedal on the left. It is a very long reach forward and just about
reachable with the left toes and I cannot see any obvious means to
adjust its position. 6' 6" friend also even finds it a bit of a reach.

Does the seat not move forward if needed?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Just want to say thanks for the ideas and suggestions and to say I
think I now have it all sorted.

The seat is interlocked to the ignition, as is the reverse when the
cutter is down and the start unless the brake is on and the cutter
fully raised. Which makes it a bit of a pain to reverse a yard, having
to raise cutter to select reverse.

The one thing which makes it really awkward is the brake cum clutch
pedal on the left. It is a very long reach forward and just about
reachable with the left toes and I cannot see any obvious means to
adjust its position. 6' 6" friend also even finds it a bit of a reach.

Does the seat not move forward if needed?

Do the mowers slouch..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm formulated the question :
Does the seat not move forward if needed?

--

It does, but not enough to compensate for the pedal. I may decide to
cut the linkage and re-weld it in a better position.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Harry
Bloomfield writes
Just want to say thanks for the ideas and suggestions and to say I
think I now have it all sorted.

The seat is interlocked to the ignition, as is the reverse when the
cutter is down and the start unless the brake is on and the cutter
fully raised. Which makes it a bit of a pain to reverse a yard, having
to raise cutter to select reverse.

The one thing which makes it really awkward is the brake cum clutch
pedal on the left. It is a very long reach forward and just about
reachable with the left toes and I cannot see any obvious means to
adjust its position. 6' 6" friend also even finds it a bit of a reach.

Other than that everything is fine.

Good.

Both my Uncle and Aunt were vertically challenged. When I acquired a
Morgan 4/4 from them, I discovered it had wooden blocks wired to the
foot pedals:-)

regards

--
Tim Lamb

OT. Recycling - sorted. The Medway Handyman UK diy 41 December 13th 07 10:30 PM
Drill storage - sorted The Medway Handyman UK diy 6 August 27th 07 06:32 AM
Well thats the outer bag sorted. :-) The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 0 April 25th 06 08:50 AM
LPG gas oven prob sorted Huj UK diy 0 November 24th 05 09:37 PM
Screwfix seemed to have sorted out their problems..... N. Thornton UK diy 2 December 12th 04 10:06 AM