Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default East Indonesia Travel?

Greetings from Lombok Island Indonesia.Glad to be a part of this
group.

Summer time is close, how will you spend your time for this year? may
be here in http://www.eastindonesiatravel.co.id

Thank You, And God Blesses You All

My Best Regards,
Herwi
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember herwi saying
something like:

Greetings from Lombok Island Indonesia.Glad to be a part of this
group.

That's a point. Muslim countries might be free of swine flu.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Grimly
Curmudgeon writes
drugs began to take hold. I remember herwi saying
something like:

Greetings from Lombok Island Indonesia.Glad to be a part of this
group.

That's a point. Muslim countries might be free of swine flu.

Just trying to divert you while they creep up with a new strain of bird
flu

Nice island, Lombok, some beautiful reefs just off the coast

I worked there for a while

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"herwi" wrote in message
Greetings from Lombok Island Indonesia.Glad to be a part of this
group.

Summer time is close, how will you spend your time for this year? may
be here in http://www.eastindonesiatravel.co.id

Thank You, And God Blesses You All

A friend of mine was there a week or so ago and blogged about it.
Wednesday 22 April 2009

Lombok is a primitive island. They are behind in many ways, and that has
fuelled a more fundamentalist flavour of Islamism. I didn't enjoy travelling
the island at all, and I do not recommend anyone even bother leaving the
comfort of Bali for it. It's a shame that this is the first Muslim majority
I have travelled, because locals inform me that other Muslim parts of
Indonesia are much more moderate. Do not visit Lombok. It's a rip off dump.
I hope this blog post puts off many people from wasting their time. Saying
that, I enjoyed Gili Trawangan, but I don't think it is worth travelling in
Lombok to get to it.
I got food poisoning as a leaving gift from that crappie little island. I
was sick for many days after, and I recovered mostly in a room on Bali. I
then headed to Bangkok in Thailand, and then took a real holiday in Pattaya.
I was able to fully recover, and I enjoyed an excellent room, a swim in a
roof top pool every day, and some healthy food. I feel great now. Thailand
is always welcoming.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message gtc7pf$hgo$1@qmul, whisky-dave
writes

"herwi" wrote in message
[...]

Ah - the difference between being a tourist and working there
--
geoff