Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Quarry tile adhesive outdoors

Just built a doorstep over Easter and want to finish the job with some nice
quarry tiles. The step finish at present is mortar and I'm unsure what to
use to fix the tiles with.

What would be best bearing in mind that the surface to be tiled onto is
somewhat undulating so will need to be approx 7-10mm bed?

A) An exterior floor tile adhesive and grout
B) A mortar mix like I've used in the step construction

Cheers,

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tony B wrote:
Just built a doorstep over Easter and want to finish the job with some nice
quarry tiles. The step finish at present is mortar and I'm unsure what to
use to fix the tiles with.

What would be best bearing in mind that the surface to be tiled onto is
somewhat undulating so will need to be approx 7-10mm bed?

A) An exterior floor tile adhesive and grout
B) A mortar mix like I've used in the step construction

there is little diffrence between em.

quality tile cements seem to be cement, fine sand, and a plasticiser or
maybe a more organic filler.
I'd use playpit sand and cement meself, mixed strong and stiff.

Cheers,

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 16, 6:40 am, "Tony B" wrote:

What would be best bearing in mind that the surface to be tiled onto is
somewhat undulating so will need to be approx 7-10mm bed?

Whatever you do, make sure that there is a slight slope so that a pool
of water doesn't collect on a step. Use a level very carefully.
I've just seen a very expensive tiling job where a pool of water
collects right where people will walk.

Removal of Tile Perfect Ceramic Tile Adhesive & Grout eganders Home Repair 0 January 27th 08 01:33 PM
Cleaning mortor residue from quarry tile Bob F Home Repair 3 November 29th 07 03:28 AM
Which tile adhesive? F UK diy 5 February 20th 07 09:38 AM
Removing quarry tile stains?Q [email protected] UK diy 4 April 25th 05 10:22 AM
Which is the best tile adhesive john Smith UK diy 6 February 20th 05 10:01 PM