Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Myson Velaire oil boiler servicing

I have been providing a free servicing and maintenance document for the
Myson Velaire range of oil boilers for some time, and a surprising
number of people have asked for it, considering the age of the boiler.
To save people emailing me, they can now download it in pdf format from:

www.morganscott.co.uk/Downloads.html

Peter Scott
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Peter Scott" wrote in message
om...
I have been providing a free servicing and maintenance document for the
Myson Velaire range of oil boilers for some time, and a surprising number
of people have asked for it, considering the age of the boiler. To save
people emailing me, they can now download it in pdf format from:

www.morganscott.co.uk/Downloads.html

Peter Scott

How do you clean the flue and chimney?

(Para 3 - at end of winter)

Also you don't specify the desire oil pressure or flue temperature which can
be measure with relatively cheap equipment,
or the CO2 % - which requires more expensive equipment.

(Not that I have one of these boilers anyway :-) )

--
Michael Chare

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Michael Chare wrote:
"Peter Scott" wrote in message
om...
I have been providing a free servicing and maintenance document for
the Myson Velaire range of oil boilers for some time, and a surprising
number of people have asked for it, considering the age of the boiler.
To save people emailing me, they can now download it in pdf format from:

www.morganscott.co.uk/Downloads.html

Peter Scott

How do you clean the flue and chimney?

(Para 3 - at end of winter)

Also you don't specify the desire oil pressure or flue temperature which
can be measure with relatively cheap equipment,
or the CO2 % - which requires more expensive equipment.

(Not that I have one of these boilers anyway :-) )

This is just an extract from the manual that I use to service my boiler
and which many others have found useful. I haven't cleaned the flue or
chimney. Guess you just call in a man with a brush?

Peter Scott
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Michael Chare wrote:
[...]

You could but 'the man' might find it quite of a challenge due to the
probable presence of a flue liner.

I believe that I should confess to once doing this! Well he, 'the man', had
really come to clean the chimeny above an open fire at the otther end of the
house.

--
Michael Chare

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Michael Chare wrote:
[...]

I don't know about liners. My boiler exhausts into a ceramic-lined
chimney. Presumably liners can be swept? Of course you've got to
disconnect the flue pipe from the boiler first.

I think flues are rarely simple. My house is very old and has a very
wide open hearth. When I first moved in I imagined a pile of logs on a
wide iron dog and so got the 'man' in to sweep it. Didn't advise it.
He'd knock off the lime mortar lining and anyway my chimney wouldn't
draw. Someone had topped it with a narrow stack and pot. Needless to say
I tried anyway (before I decorated for the first time). The kids lasted
two minutes. I managed five before I hit the garden choking. So then I
put a hanging liner, plate and stove in.

Best wishes

Peter Scott

Myson Oil Boiler Steve UK diy 0 October 9th 06 10:45 PM
Myson Velaire Vitesse oil fired boiler help [email protected] UK diy 0 February 12th 06 10:48 AM
Myson boiler parts bert UK diy 1 November 25th 04 05:22 PM
Firing problem with Myson Velaire Vitesse oil boiler Tim Fairless UK diy 1 May 23rd 04 05:22 PM